Mirella cucumber from realseeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mirella cucumber from realseeds

We have eaten 4 of these now and rather than the "fruity" taste which realseeds said they would taste like, we are finding them quite bitter.
    Has anyone else grown these and what have you found when you ate them?
    "Orinoco was a fat lazy Womble"

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

I'm growing them, but what I haven't found is all the cuke labels as they are under a mither of leaves and I can't get to them. I think we have had one though, as we had them last year - and they weren't bitter.....have you tried peeling them?

Comment

Originally posted by zazen999 View Post
      have you tried peeling them?
      Peeling them?
      What a radical concept!

I had never thought of that, I'll pass the suggestion on to er'indoors who cooks.

Never peeled anything me.

Please ignore everything I say, I make it up as I go along, not only do I generally not believe what I write, I never remember it either.

Comment

Sometimes it is just the skin that's bitter......

Comment

Thanks, I will try it and report back.

Comment

There are two ways to reduce the bitterness....
            1) cut the small edge at the harvesting side of the cucumber, then rub this against the same edge for 30 seconds. this will extract some white foam out of cucumber
            2) peel off the skin... even if the cucumber is not bitter this will improve the taste as the skin is dry.....
            http://bageechah.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X