No announcement yet.

The first Tomato of the season.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We ate our first two Gardeners Delight yesterday Not exactly a meal but very tasty.

Comment

Oooh that looks like a lovely, big, juicy tom! Congrats! xxx
      "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

I sold my first two punnets of Tumbling Tom tomatoes on Saturday. I now have the first truss of Golden Sunrise and first of the Gardeners Delight ready , the San Marzano are just beginning to turn pink. The rest are still green
        Rat

British by birth
        Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
        http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

First of my Piccolo F2s (seeds from last years F1s) eaten on Saturday. Delicious!
          Growing in the Garden of England

Comment

Originally posted by sarraceniac View Post
            2 weeks for my first ones. Reckon the cream bananas are usually the first. And I never know when the green zebras are ripe.
            When they are yellow Zebras! They feel soft and taste wonderful! One of my 'must grow' toms every year.
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Tap the plant stems to assist pollination. Only the old fashioned big beefies will be insect pollinated. The 'rude bits' are all contained inside for normal toms so they need to have the pollen shaken slightly to drop it from the anther cones onto the 'other bit'. 'Scuse the technical language - I don't have any!

I suspect that in the wild they'd be wind pollinated in the sense that the wind would shake the pollen.
              Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I've masses of flowers, but no fruit yet. Outdoors - Garden Pearl, Gardener's Delight, Beefsteak and Italian Plum. I'm jealous of you all. BTW 2S it's raining today so can you eat your Juliets?
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Nice tom. I've got my micro toms which are the first lot that are ready, taste quite nice, rather sweet/beefy.
                  Follow my garden and chilli growing project... @impatientgrower

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X