No announcement yet.

Anyone else with no harvest yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is my 1st year trying to grow veg and this is very reassuring to read that I'm not the only one with no veggies (yet!)...
    Patience has never been my main quality, so please hurry up ! ;-)

Comment

I have had the square root of naff all!

Comment

i have had lettuce,rocket,chives,radish,about 10 lantern chillis,
        the toms are doing well,cucumber got flowers so have naga jolokia,maui purple,sweet banana,aji crystal,and so on also my peas are flowering and rat tail radish doing well.

Comment

Nope,nothing here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweepster View Post
            I'm finding this thread most reassuring
            Oh, me too! So many folk are feasting on delicious stuff and I have....um, rummages about in desperation...ah, I have a radish! My peas are only just starting to struggle up the netting, flowers are a long way off. The slugs have gorged themselves on my first two sowings of carrots. My potatoes have lots of leaves but harvest is a way off yet. My garlic is teeny. My swiss chard looks best under a microscope. No worries about any giant climbing down my beans. Etc, etc...

But, I'm an optimist, and I'll get there one day in the next few months. And I feel better for knowing there are others out there in the same predicament!
            Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

You don't need to move south for good growing weather. We're just a stone's throw from Scotland but have had 2 heads of lettuce, plenty of radishes, spring onions, chard, rhubarb, chives and the first gooseberries. Everything else is looking good apart from maincrop onions which look as if they might give up the ghost.

Comment

It will come everyone don't worry. If you're like me this year you planted too early and now it feels like nothing has happened ALL YEAR! Well it will. Just get sowing your next set of seeds to stretch the season.

Comment

At the moment we've got some lovely healthy weeds!! We're still trying to clear our plot, but we do at least have stuff at home on windowsills waiting patiently.

Comment

Wee doing quite well this year, nothing much seems to be dieing for no reason yet.....

Weve had quite a lot of potatoes, planted very early from tescos king edwards ( the real ones from seed potatoes planted round good friday have nothing at all yet ) , some radish over the last couple of weeks ( never got radish to grow before, other than for leaves!), spring onions ( still a bit small but taste fine )

then theres the blackcurrents , red goosberys, lemons, limes, oranges, rhubarb, strawberrys, + some tomatoes this week and a few small cucumbers
                    Last edited by starloc; 08-06-2009, 11:04 PM.
                    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

im too getting impatiant.....i expect the pumpkins not too be ready (even though im getting impatiant to know if they have been pollinated or not.) and i have just seen one tiny green tom on one of the tom plants everything eles is talking a long time. i dont have much patience.

Comment

Originally posted by nomad View Post
                        i have had lettuce,rocket,chives,radish,about 10 lantern chillis,
                        the toms are doing well,cucumber got flowers so have naga jolokia,maui purple,sweet banana,aji crystal,and so on also my peas are flowering and rat tail radish doing well.
                        Does this show the advantage of having a heated? greenhouse?

Comment

Originally posted by solway cropper View Post
                          You don't need to move south for good growing weather. We're just a stone's throw from Scotland but have had 2 heads of lettuce, plenty of radishes, spring onions, chard, rhubarb, chives and the first gooseberries. Everything else is looking good apart from maincrop onions which look as if they might give up the ghost.
                          Ahem *polite cough*, another one who perhaps missed the point of the post.. see Sarz's comment, below. Not that I begrudge your glorious bounty - just that this is maybe not the place to point it out, amongst those who will have to wait a few weeks yet before being able to feast upon homegrown produce. You too Starloc! Off to the norty step the both of you....

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                          btw, this is a thread about NOT having anything to harvest yet, so you lot that have, go shine your fingernails elsewhere
                          Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Not a lot for me either even though I'm way down south where it's supposed to be milder. I have had a handful of salad leaves but that's it. Not even radishes.

Got one tomato plant with green toms on the rest just beginning to flower. Lots of tiny carrot,radish and beetroot greenery. Peas just in flower, most peppers only about 6 inches high - one a bit bigger has flowers.

I did start my sowing late this year though because I was walking the Great Wall of China at the crucial point in the season, I dare not sow before I went and leave things to the mercy of my partner

Comment

i have harvested the following this year:

Radish
                              mooli
                              Garlic
                              Garlic chives
                              chives
                              kale
                              Cape gooseberry (flowered indoor before planting outside)
                              Chinese celery
                              Garland chrysanthemum

(under cloches)

Chinese kales
                              Lettuces
                              Mustards and various green leafy veg
                              Various annual herbs

I am pretty happy with the result. And I just see my first strawbery turning red!!!!!!!!, can't wait.
                              Last edited by chengjing; 09-06-2009, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
                                btw, this is a thread about NOT having anything to harvest yet, so you lot that have, go shine your fingernails elsewhere
                                Chengjing... this is about trying to make some of us feel better not have us throwing ourselves off the shed roof.
                                Last edited by amandaandherveg; 09-06-2009, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X