No announcement yet.

Anyone else with no harvest yet?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had salad leaves, broad beans galore and pulled a few onions to use 'wet', will be eating broadies and peas tonight as there are a few pea pods swollen enough with some mint that's ready - at last - yum.

Strawberries are nearly ready
    Hayley B

John Wayne's daughter, Marisa Wayne, will be competing with my Other Half, in the Macmillan 4x4 Challenge (in its 10th year) in March 2011, all sponsorship money goes to Macmillan Cancer Support, please sponsor them at http://www.justgiving.com/Mac4x4TeamDuke'

An Egg is for breakfast, a chook is for life

Comment

Not a sausage here either, although we did have the run over from last year (cabbages, kale and PSB) and one cutting of salad leaves before the slugs munched the lot. Everything else is way way behind - it'll be 4 weeks before I can even think of potatoes, the peas aren't anywhere near flowering, and my new salad stuff is only a couple of inches. Slugs have munched the tops off the first pots of carrots and the second sowings are tiny.

btw, this is a thread about NOT having anything to harvest yet, so you lot that have, go shine your fingernails elsewhere
      Last edited by SarzWix; 08-06-2009, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SarzWix View Post
        btw, this is a thread about NOT having anything to harvest yet, so you lot that have, go shine your fingernails elsewhere
        Teee heee... snicker...snigger....laughs behind hand.....

Comment

So glad this thread was started - NOT A BITE. The school garden has yeilded a few radishes but thats all. Don't loose faith folks, it WILL be worth the wait.
          A good beginning is half the work.
          Praise the young and they will make progress.

Comment

I'm finding this thread most reassuring

Comment

It really points up the different micro-climates in this country, all gloating aside (cherries are a week earlier than last year, tee hee) . I remember frost in June in Scotland and getting on my hands and knees to dig up my broad beans to see what was happening they were so slow!

Comment

I'm just shining my fingernails.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

To all those grapes still awaiting their first pickings, be patient but also try to make notes on when you sowed what. Then next year you can think about whether you could sow a little earlier without to much risk of crop failure. Or whether you could do something different to get an earlier crop.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by spectrawax8 View Post
                    I remember frost in June in Scotland
                    Tell me about it!

It's been flippin' freezin' here lately, had to put the heating back on

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
                      ...Or whether you could do something different to get an earlier crop...

Ian
                      Not break my ankle twice? And not have to entrust the watering and hardening off to someone else!
                      Last edited by SarzWix; 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM.

Comment

By next week hopefully I'll have a bit of lettuce for my sandwiches.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

nothing to harvest?
                          No, not me.
                          I'll get me coat then.
                          All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

Sorry but i;ve been eating lettuce,various varieties for a while,small cucumber(indoor grown) radish,spring onions,cabbage,small carrots,had new potatoes from a barrel i put in late last year.Peas for the last two days as well,but we are very far south.

Comment

There quite clearly is a bit of a divide as far as the weather is concerned. Down here I have harvested cos lettuce, mixed salad leaf, spring onions, baby beetroot, several radishes, turnips and today yellowstone carrots. Sorry guys but I'm sure the wait will be worth it
                              AKA Angie

Comment

Nothing here either, our season starts late and even then we were late getting going as its a new plot and wasnt ready in time :-( Even worse, there are two of my absolute favourites we could have eaten but as they are in their first year are being left to establish - asparagus and rhubarb. This time next year, I am hoping for a different story...
                                odd notes about our kitchen garden project:
                                http://www.distractedbyathing.net/tag/garden/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X