X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beans again! 6 courgettes, our first cucumber and some sweet peas
    Bex

Comment

• Runner Beans (lots, now in the freezer in dinner sized portions), a couple of the Scallop Squashes (roasted in olive oil with a scritch of S&P - mm mmm), boston beans, 5 marketmore cucs, 4 courgettes, one marrow.

Comment

• 16 cucumbers!!!!!!! have had to lie down to get over the shock before i go back out to see what else is ready!

Comment

• Another Aubergine! Saw they were selling small ish ones in Sainsbury's for £1.29! That Cheered me
          http://meandtwoveg.blogspot.com

Comment

• Harvested three courgettes, with more on the way..... after using some in stir fry and some in pasta, I'm thinking of trying some muffins with the ones in the fridge.
            I've got two nearly ready tomatoes on my vine tomatoes..... and LOADS of green ones which I'm longing to ripen.
            Not bad for my first ever veggie patch!!

Comment

• Sweetcorn :-). I harvested the first sweetcorn I've ever grown myself.
              It went straight from the garden to the pan, and eaten with butter.

Comment

• enough gherkins to fill 2 pickling jars....yeehhaaa!
                the first if my ripe tomatos and some lettuce which was perfect.and i rekon another couple of days and my corns ready...i do love august.
                "if im not up the allotment...im up the caravan"

bowers allotment society

Comment

• 5 more courgettes, and some Sungold tomatoes

Comment

• just found 3 of the fattest radish ive ever seen aswell..
                    well 2 as a snails had a pop at one.
                    "if im not up the allotment...im up the caravan"

bowers allotment society

Comment

• Originally posted by gardendancer View Post
                      Sweetcorn :-). I harvested the first sweetcorn
                      Gosh that's early, I think that's a Vine record
                      I wasn't in the mood today (too windy, it always gives me a bad temper): just a handful of French beans and 4 courgettes for my dinner
                      All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

• Oh, and now I feel really bad, because Trousers and I eat our first SweetieCobs yesterday at 5.30 pm. (variety 'Invincible'), so I humbly apologise for ruining The Vine Record and then I scrolled back a bit, and laughed out loud, because Womble harvested one the day before, which for anyone now reading back of this edited posting is going to be completely confused, because:
                        ... but I'm growing to eat, so I'm not concerned with records, because when it's ready, it's ready to eat....and I've sown the SweetieCobs 'successionally', so they don't all mature at once, which I'd never even thought about doing before this year.

Which just goes to prove, that whatever you think you know, there's always bags more room for more knowledge in those little grey cells!
                        Don't you just LOVE this Growing Your Own ? I do, with knobs on, and I'm here to tell you, it's just getting better, and Better, and BETTER!X

Yesterday, I cut a beautifully formed Purple Sweet Bell Pepper to take to my friend Marilyn over in Monmouth, and today, she beamed from ear to ear when I gave it to her. The rest of the peppers are still on the plants, and whilst they're a work of art to look at, I'm going to have to harvest them this weekend and do something equally as beautiful WITH them, so that more of them can be allowed to grow and mature in their places.

Same with the Aubergines my friends. I harvested 4.5 kilos of the darlings yesterday evening, but that's because I'm wanting to roast them and freeze them down for the very bestest vegetarian chilli that I make for the winter months.
                        Last edited by wellie; 12-08-2010, 10:13 PM. Reason: Wellie spotted A Womble Corn harvested earlier?!!!X

Comment

• Onions,
                          Courgettes,
                          1 cauliflower,
                          Tomatoes.

Great, innit?
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

• Today I harvested a huge bagful of Onions and Shallots, which I've brought home for drying. Then I picked 5 courgettes of varying sizes and swapped two of them with my lovely lottie neighbour for a bag of potatoes! I love allotments!!!

Comment

• 1 courgette, 2 chillis and a bunch of courgette flowers ( which i stuffed with soft cheese and fried! YUM) first time i've eaten the flowers. an extra harvest for no extra work.
                              http://pot-to-plot.blogspot.com/ My brand spanking new plot

Comment

• Today was a bumper day. i harvested 16 cukes, couple of green peppers and couple of onions, which are now in 11 jars of cuke pickes; a few courgettes and onions - which are now in jars as courgette pickle - best ever. AND for tea i harvested: yet more cukes, red pepper, onions, garlic & toms which were made into spicy veggie bean burgers (found fab recipe), served with pots from the garden and one of our HUGE cabbages....

oh and also made raita from yet more cukes!

so dinner tonight for the 4 of us cost about 60p i think! (for the tin of kidney beans and the natural yog for the raita)......

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X