My first proper cauliflower!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first proper cauliflower!

After 6 years of allotting I have finally grown a proper cauli! I've only manage to grow the odd specimen smaller than the palm of my hand, someone on the plot gave me 5 seedlings on the autumn (cant remember who now) whIch I put in, covered with a cage thing (against the pigeons) and forgot all about, I glanced in today and found 4 huge white
    caulis, just eaten cauliflower cheese for tea, what a lovely surprise.

Great stuff mate!
    WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Wow, I'm well jealous!
      I only have one cauli plant from the 9 I planted in autumn which looks anywhere like it might produce a cauliflowers, plus about 4 stragglers and the rest died.
      Hoping for better things from my spring-sown caulis.
      Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

I always plant them in early spring more reliable that way. I love colflower cheese.

Dont just use chedder try all diferant types.

Well done.
        My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

My first proper cauliflower!

Congratulations! I shall always remember my first cauli. Makes ya feel kinda proud, doesn't it. For this year, I put 4 seeds into paper pots, and 3 have germinated. When I get a minute to myself I shall introduce them to the big wide world. (The end of my garden).
          There's pleasure sure in being mad that only madmen know - Anon

Comment

Well done Pomeylottie! I've been eating some of my Nine Star Perennial caulis this week. Nice to have something from the lottie when there ain't much ready for harvesting innit!
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Brilliant. I've just been growing spring planted All the Year Round and they've done well for me.
              I'd like to try some autumn planted ones this year. Anybody recommend a good one ?

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Nice one PL, Cauliflower Cheese is lovely and probably even better when the Cauli's are yours
                Those that forget the past are condemned to repeat it!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X