I've done something stupid!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DexR View Post
    I have labelled , but appear to have the wrong plants from seed.....can anyone tell me if the leaves on Suttons "Tumbling Toms" should look like cabbage/brassica's when they are 3 inch high? I am sure I labelled the correct pots, but they look very similar to my Primo cabbages growing next to them.
    Hi

I'd post a photo, to see if it is a brassica or not.

Comment

Thanks Zazen, will try & work out this photo out & post soon

Hopefully I will be able to post this photo, (although somehow I managed to save this to an album on my profile), does this help?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by DexR; 03-05-2009, 06:03 PM. Reason: photo

Comment

Toms...been there ....done that!!!

...so what I did was to pot them on as 'normal' toms...and provided supports- the tumblers just INSISTED in dropping over the edges of the pots..they looked a bit 'tighter' if you can visualise that??

....piccies....lots of piccies everyone- even beans/brassicas!!!!...tis part of the fun of GYO!!!!!!!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Originally posted by Bramble_killer View Post
          heh I was going to post and ask the same question as I've done exactly the same.

The tumbling ones are sort of "bushier" but I could be wrong as mine are only Sweet Million F1. Can't start pinching out side shoots yet until I'm sure, unless someone can tell me it's ok to pinch them out regardless of bushy or straight ones?

Will I be able to tell the difference when they flower??
          *smacks self* *mutter* must label all plant pots next year *mutter*
          If you're growing Sweet Million then you'll know as soon as you get a flower truss which one it is..... I thought I was looking at a doctored photograph the first time I saw one of those, the truss was almost as big as the rest of the plant....

chrisc

Comment

Originally posted by DexR View Post
            Thanks Zazen, will try & work out this photo out & post soon

Hopefully I will be able to post this photo, (although somehow I managed to save this to an album on my profile), does this help?
            Sorry, i have tried opening it, and the one on your profile and it is too small to see.

It doesn't look very tomato like though - perhaps a seed went astray when you sowed them???
            Last edited by zazen999; 03-05-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

I only wish it was a seed went astray, I have a dozen of them growing & some are promised to colleagues as swaps for other plants.
              Will keep growing them & see what happens, have tried to resize photo
              Attached Files

Comment

Pretty sure that's not a tomato.
                What did the seeds look like when sowing (did they look like tom seeds or brassica seeds or what?)
                Warning: I have a dangerous tendency to act like I know what I'm talking about.

Comment

Last year I planted a load of stuff and marked it all with a black marker, the next day the humidity had washed it all off.
                  My phone has more Processing power than the Computers NASA used to fake the Moon Landings

Comment

Demeter, They looked like the other tomato seeds I have sown, as far as I remember (new to this though). Its just the other tomato plants have came up with split leaves, these are still like the cabbages in the other tray.(other side of greenhouse so I knew greens from others)
                    Last edited by DexR; 03-05-2009, 11:32 PM.

Comment

I think the toms in your 6-module tray are Tumbling Toms.

Here are a couple of images of two bush varieties...

Tumbling Tom about 5 weeks old.

And a 100s & 1000s.

Hope this helps
                      My Blog My flickr

Comment

Onefivenine..it's not the ones in the 8 module tray that are the worry! It's the ones in pots that look like brassicas.

Dex....have you still got the seed packet? I'd stake a 3 course meal on those being brassicas. The seed leaves being the wrong shape as well.

Comment

Zazen, Thanks for that, thought they looked strange. I know I am new to this but have been growing a few things before, definetly brassicas.

Thanks to everyone for their help, will have to get onto suttons about their seeds & see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by chriscross1966 View Post
                            If you're growing Sweet Million then you'll know as soon as you get a flower truss which one it is..... I thought I was looking at a doctored photograph the first time I saw one of those, the truss was almost as big as the rest of the plant....

chrisc
                            Excellent, Some of them are starting to flower so will keep an eye out for the trusses on steroids.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X