No announcement yet.

Shall I shallot or not?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you post it in Season To Taste Mrs D. Please.
    [

Comment

Originally posted by Earthbabe View Post
      That would be nice Snadger but unfortunately it's not until December 21 (the Winter Solstice). If it were in a fortnight we'd be having a very early spring.
      Aw shucks, here's me thinking its when the clocks go back/forward, never know which? Anyway whats a couple of months between freinds?Lol
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

spring forward, fall Back Snadge.

As to what shallots if nt Hative, Red sun are supposed to be nice. My first year I grew sow Durch yellow I think they were they were cheap but I didn't think much to them I'm afraid. Jermor & Longor (spelling?) are supposed to be OK but not sute the best place to get them from I'm afraid.
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Nick, Dobies do Jermor 400g for £4.25. They also do Hative de Niort - pricey at £4.25 for 5 bulbs

Comment

Yes I know Hativ are expensive. The guy who advertises in Garden News sells Hative for £9 for 25 (less than 1" dia) or £13 for 25 (over 1" dia). I was lucky cos someone gave me 10 to start with & then I had 47 (looked in the records) to plant the next year & I do around 46 -50 eeach year now as they split into 4 or 5 so that gives me 200+ wich is a lot of pickled onions
            ntg
            Never be afraid to try something new.
            Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
            A large group of professionals built the Titanic
            ==================================================

Comment

Well snadger you had me convinced but i'm easerly led so they tell me

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X