Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you store your veg seeds?

Help!

I need some advice please as to the best way to store my veg seeds.

I only have about 25 packets which isn't a lot to most of you guys on here I know.

I have them in Roses chocolate tin at the minute but they are crammed in there are the packets are really bulky.

I had the idea of making seed envelopes or buying the little brown lunch money type envelopes you used to be able to buy and just filing the coloured packets in some kind of box.

Ideas needed please as I have a few more packets on the way!

Ta.
    Hi. Hi. We've removed your signature. If you have any issues with this, please contact one of the Moderators.

i cut the top of a cardboard box, leaving a seed packet size base and then used the cuttings to make 3 seperate compartments.
    all very blue peter like. took about 5 minutes and costs nothing

Comment

I use one of those plastic tool boxes and use cardboard dividers to split them into the months I will be planting things in. My only problem is (according to OH anyway!!) that I take packets out and then leave them lying all over the house! Oh well, can't be expected to remember everything now can I??

Comment

I have one of those index boxes from the stationers with dividing cards and file them in the months they should be sown.
        the seeds are in ziplock bags still in their origional packets with a silica gel dessicant pack
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

I have gotten an air tight, water tight ammo box from a friend who bought it on E-Bay

Has all my seeds in it.
          Just an Office Guy trying to grow own food

http://www.allotment13.blogspot.com/

Comment

Three biscuit tins for me! (I LIKE biscuits!)
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Two cardboard cartons that used to contain wine bottles, which are then kept along with random gardening bits like plant tags, string, pencil, extra envelopes, etc, inside one larger, shallow cardboard box. There is a bit, though not much order within the cartons themselves. Tomatoes are one group, as are edible flowers, peas & beans, herbs, carrots and salad types. These groups are just kept together, not in any real order. Thrown together randomly are 2 other groups of vegetables and then another set of flower seeds I don't plan on using but haven't done anything about yet.
              Last edited by Growem; 02-04-2009, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Cardboard boxes (which keep getting bigger!) for various categories, varieties kept together in those thin transparent 'envelopes' that junk catalogues arrive in. Boxes are labelled Flowers, Herbs, Salad Stuff, Legumes, Modules and (rather mysteriously) "Specials" (lol, well i know what's in each even if nobody else would!) b.

Comment

Two plastic biscuit boxes one with opened packets of seeds in and the other with unopened packets. In each box I then have the seeds divided into groups in plastic food bags so that it is easy to find stuff. The box with the unopened packets is full and yet I still can't resist seeds when I see a bargain.

Ian

Comment

Shoe boxes under the stairs. We've got three children under 4 - so we get through a LOT of shoes! The boxes tend to be an ideal size for seed packets. I'd like to say I had boxes for each month - but I'm really not that organised!

J

Comment

At the moment mine are in a pile on the kitchen side waiting to be used... But i think after reading this i might swipe some ideas... ;-)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X