saving runner bean seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Runner beans regrowing?
    A couple of years ago I just cut them down to the ground and dug over my plot, as I was digging I missed where the beans were and must have earthed them up.
    Well the following year they regrew not all but about half of them so I put canes up and off they were. Good job they came as I tried a new variety that year and we hated it, so the old beans came in very handy and now only use them.
    Just make sure the seed is dry before storing them.

Comment

Coming back to veggie growing after 25yr gap! so some gaps in my memory.
      Grew runners from seed given me by friend, very pleased ate last today. He gave me far to many so have plenty left Opinions on wether they will germinate next year appreciated.
      It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Welcome back to veg growing GP

The beans should be OK for a year or two GP, eventually they'll give up the ghost but you should have your own replacement by then . Keep them somewhere cool ( the butter section of the fridge is mine much to Mrs griefs annoyance
        ntg
        Never be afraid to try something new.
        Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
        A large group of professionals built the Titanic
        ==================================================

Comment

Originally posted by nick the grief View Post
          Welcome back to veg growing GP
          Only playing at it really Nick have a small area to the side of our new bungalow which is devoted to fruit (on Granny Dragons insistance) so fitting in things like lettuce, courgettes, onions etc and pots and herbs in tubs
          It's not the growing old I mind but the growing stupid with it!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpadragon View Post
            Coming back to veggie growing after 25yr gap! so some gaps in my memory.
            Grew runners from seed given me by friend, very pleased ate last today. He gave me far to many so have plenty left Opinions on wether they will germinate next year appreciated.
            Hi Grandpadragon
            Growing old and sillyness go well together, exploit it,you will be surprised what you can get away with

Welcomeglad you have joined us,hope the beans germinate next year. Skipper.
            Skipper

Chinese Proverb - He who asks a question is a fool for a minute; he who does not remains a fool forever

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X