No announcement yet.

peat free compost

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I tried B+Qs ages ago and it was horrible stuff, just got a bag and the new stuff is so much better.
    It's made from council green waste and composted bark, it seems more like proper compost than it used to, with similar wood fibres to the west+ stuff. I've only just started using it so can't comment on how well it does but certainly worth another go if you've not tried it for a few years.

Comment

i first tried b&q wjoich was aweful, then tried the miracle grow last year, this was better but still not great. this year i bought the new horizons and it is far far superior to the other stuff i've tried. it's still a bit course but looks and feels better than any of the others i've tried, would deff use it again.

Comment

Might seem like a silly question, but can you just use home-made compost as peat-free compost?

Steven
        http://www.geocities.com/nerobot/Bir...shingThumb.jpg

Comment

Not silly at all, and yes, you can. The problem is that home-made compost has rarely been heated sufficeintly to kill off weed seeds. Therefore you get things coming up in your compost that aren't necessarily what you sowed!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X