No announcement yet.

Tricotyledons ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh lets hope so. However, it's more likely to be a reflection of the year the seeds set?
    Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I had a Black Velvet Geranium (T&M) surprise me like that! It all adds to the interest.

Comment

Ive had this happen in the past on home saved seed from toms,peppers and aubergines!!!I just grew on as normal and they were just as good as 'normal plants'.

Comment

Definitely an aubergine thing, I’ve also got one growing (Chinese ancestors). It will be interesting to see how the ‘trio’s’ progress. I'm guessing they will do just fine. I like the idea its a sign of a good summer
          Mostly Tomato Mania Blog

Comment

Also have a tricotyledon - ROMA tomato, as per shirlthegirl43.

It's been kept primarily as a bit of a curiosity, picked out and grown on in a rootrainer to see what happens next. Yesterday I noticed that it's now coming through with 3 true leaves.

I had put the triplet seed leaves down as "a phase" for this particular plant initially, but maybe not!
            Douglas

Website: www.sweetpeasalads.co.uk - starting up in 2013 (I hope!)
            Twitter: @sweetpeasalads

Comment

My De Barbentane aubergine is coming on great and despite it's strange three leaved start it now looks totally normal and only has the normal number of proper leaves.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Oooo me too...one of my Numex Twilight chilli seedlings has three leaves - a twilight zone mystery for a twilight chilli
                RtB x

Comment

my Sweet Olive toms are doing that also
                  aka
                  Suzie

Comment

Just checked my 29 aubergine seedlings...all just two leaves...maybe things would have been different if I'd sown another 14???...too late to check on my earlier sowings as they have several leaves now...which has reminded me to check if they need watering...they're on a bedroom windowsill & keep getting neglected!Cheers!
                    the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I have a couple of those too, I think it was a couple of my Parsnips, will check when I get home!
                      http://jenegademaster.blogspot.com/

Comment

Woke up this morning to find that one of my sunflower seedlings leaves has partially separated down the middle so it now look like its got a double conjoined leaf on one side!
                        AKA Angie

Comment

I have one too!
                          One of my marigold seedlings has three leaves! Yay!!!
                          Imagination is everything, it is a preview of what is to become.

Comment

My original one - in the first pic - now has 3 true leaves too. I can't tell from the little furled clump in the middle if the next lot will be a trio though. Interesting this, isn't it?
                            Attached Files
                            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

having read this thread i've been to check on my seedlings........ all mine have the usual 2 leaves i feel as though i'm missing out on something now!!

Comment

'ere we go - a picture of my Tomato Sweet Olive proudly showing his (are Toms male, I guess they must be!) Tricot

You can just see the start of the true leaves in the centre - the one of the right being clearly only dicot - poor thing, it'll need therapy
                                aka
                                Suzie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X