This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gridgardener View Post
    the new computer user excuse is just that. An excuse to hide the fact that in many cases the poster is stupid or to lazy to do there own research.
    This can be seen by the fact that if ask them for more related info to there growing situation, they rarely provide the info or follow up there initial post.
    I think that it is genuine. There are a lot of non computer literate peeps about. My eldest is an executive with a very big computer company and some of the stories he tells me would be hilarious if they were not so sad. I have met people on forums that genuinely thought that they couldn't post again on their own threads. They thought that they asked the question and if the answer was not what they actually wanted, that they had to start another thread. Sad but true.
    Why didn't Noah just swat those 2 greenflies?

Why are they called apartments when they are all stuck together?
    >
    >If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the terminal?

Comment

the new computer user excuse is just that. An excuse to hide the fact that in many cases the poster is stupid or to lazy to do there own research.
      This can be seen by the fact that if ask them for more related info to there growing situation, they rarely provide the info or follow up there initial post.
      There are people on here as on many other forums who are not computer whizzes, but certainly are not lazy or stupid!
      WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

I think this is a little unkind. Many people are beginning to use computers for the first time and some of them are quite wary of them, it's just that whereas in the past the internet was not considered essential it is now becoming so. When I was a girl we were the only two car family in my class, there were only three or four other families with a car at all and of those no-one's mother drove it. Only two of us had home telephones and I know that my great grandmother was too frightened of the telephone to pick it up when it rang. Nowadays that is obviously ridiculous, but we are still in that same sort of transition period when it comes to computers and many people who have not been brought up with one are certainly nervous and inexperienced, but to call them lazy and stupid is insulting to say the least.
        Last edited by bluemoon; 21-02-2009, 09:10 PM.
        Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Downright rude if you ask me
          WPC F Hobbit, Shire police

Comment

Play nice 'gridgardener'

We're not all computer literate and it is easy to miss a previous entry when you have a burning question you know will be answered by a wealth of wisedom and experience. I know I've been guilty of such lazy stupidity in the past and probably will be again.

Comment

We're not all computer literate and it is easy to miss a previous entry when you have a burning question
              rogesse true but that is why forums have search engine to find previous post on a give subject.

you know will be answered by a wealth of wisdom and experience.
              Sorry but you can't assume that either.

Don't forget the most annoying of all posts. "the me too post"
              Which is" I don't know answer but would like to know answer also".

I have seen answers to questions on message boards are dumber then the original post.

I saw one question on bbc garden message board few years back that I would have classify as possible one of stupidest gardening question ever asked. I is so bad I can't even repeat it.

Parents always told me to honesty tell someone when they are acting stupid or talking pure BS.
              But without these people the pages of the magazine modern jack*** would empty.
              Last edited by gridgardener; 21-02-2009, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I saw one question on bbc garden message board few years back that I would have classify as possible one of stupidest gardening question ever asked. I is so bad I can't even repeat it.

Parents always told me to honesty tell someone when they are acting stupid or talking pure BS.
                But without these people the pages of the magazine modern jack*** would empty.
                But surely it is better that the question is asked than for the questioner to remain ignorant?
                Into each life some rain must fall........but this is getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by bluemoon View Post
                  But surely it is better that the question is asked than for the questioner to remain ignorant?
                  Yes Bluemoon, I agree it is.

This has been round the houses now, with I think all aspects of internet/newbies/experience covered.

With that in mind, I'm going to close the thread and would just ask people to be mindful that this is a family forum, with people of all backgrounds/experiences/knowledges brought together with the common goal of wanting to grow fruit and veg [and have chickens], so please can everyone play together nicely!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X