No announcement yet.

moon planting???

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I agree. Then tends to imply the Moon's power is like a light switch, which is complete rubbish.
    I believe the effect is more like a Wave, slowly increasing and decreasing over the month.

Comment

Originally posted by Banana View Post
      Yes I agree. Then tends to imply the Moon's power is like a light switch, which is complete rubbish.
      I believe the effect is more like a Wave, slowly increasing and decreasing over the month.
      that's definitely the way i picture it in my head, as a sine wave, must be spending too much time with usage graphs

but if you look at 'it' as a flat line,with the moon phases above it, and the gravitational pull applied, you would get a sinuous wave effect, there is no '4pm' cut off for synodic, that's all from the zodiac sign application, what you get from a synodic chart is a relaxed 'up and down' movement, a peak best, and worst, and lots of variation in between, to me, that makes sense.
      Vive Le Revolution!!!
      'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
      Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

Originally posted by BrideXIII View Post
        that's definitely the way i picture it in my head, as a sine wave, must be spending too much time with usage graphs
        or a cosine graph, the way the other ways explain it it seems like the 90 + or -1 degree and 270 + or -1 degree on a simple tanx graph

btw im doing alevel trignometry in maths atm
        Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions.

Comment

Originally posted by cwipnip View Post
          or a cosine graph, the way the other ways explain it it seems like the 90 + or -1 degree and 270 + or -1 degree on a simple tanx graph

btw im doing alevel trignometry in maths atm
          my eldest son can tell.................apparently
          Vive Le Revolution!!!
          'Lets just stick it in, and see what happens?'
          Cigarette FREE since 07-01-09

Comment

i'm willing to take it on faith.............................if it works don't fix it!
            don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
            remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

Originally posted by MaureenHall View Post
              I'm just going to do what Bride tells me to do
              thats the conclusion i have reached too!

Comment

thats the conclusion i have reached too

Comment

It's probably best that way all round

Comment

I was thinking about this moon gardening and I'm getting more and more loopy.
                    I believe there must be a reason for moon gardening but I thought it applies only to sowing and harvesting(especially medicinal herbs).Now I read something about hoeing according to the moon and it makes me thinking"am I supposed to pull the weeds out on the certain day as well?"
                    I'd like to give it a go but with my work pattern it won't be possible to "mooncare" for my plants.I'll be watching the others though.

Comment

im going to do an experiment, can someone tell me the days i shouldnt and should plant lettuce?
                      Religions die when they are proved to be true. Science is the record of dead religions.

Comment

This is the most interesting thread i've seen in a long while!
                        This has bothered me for some time, back in my academic days I studied plant sciences, including the effects of parasites on crops etc.
                        So with the utmost respect;
                        yes Wellie what you're saying sounds like shite.
                        Zazen a percentile increase in crop per seed sown doesn't actually mean anything.
                        Bride XIII your notes on the lunar orbits effecting the water table are interesting, as is your hypothesis on sunlight reflected from the moon. Your argument about some people don't trust the use of herbs in medicine is utterly irrelevant, you may as well say that some people don't believe in the tooth fairy or the flying spaghetti monster (by the way should you meet any of these naysayers again you could mention the uses of herb extracts cocaine, opium, aspirin, ibuprofen, digoxin, codeine, quinine, inulin to name but a few, in fact the word drug comes from the dutch DROGUE meaning dried root)
                        Don't even get me started on faith Snakeshack
                        Sounds to me that that is part of the problem, a possibly valuable device for growers has become clouded in 'new-ageism'
                        There may be something to moon planting, there may not be, it's an interesting hypothesis
                        The only way to know is by testing the hypothesis
                        Which I intend to do
                        Just as soon as I'm back from the arctic wasteland that is Canada, which is a few weeks away
                        I sincerely do hope I haven't offended anyone, but I also sincerely believe that there is a need for truths in this world
                        (ducks for cover)
                        'Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too? ' Douglas Adams

http://weirdimals.wordpress.com/

Comment

Me too - and maybe the world would be a better place if more people listened to Bride!
                          My hopes are not always realized but I always hope (Ovid)

www.fransverse.blogspot.com

www.franscription.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by jimbojetset View Post
                            Zazen a percentile increase in crop per seed sown doesn't actually mean anything.
                            Which is why I give both results and log all my trials.

Although it actually does, as all the seeds germinated however less non-moon plants actually made it to harvest [as pointed out by Snadger]. Thereby perhaps increasing a plant's chances of success.

I don't swear by it, I just use it when I can and thus far, have found a better harvest.

And I believe it is a very old-age method, not new age at all...
                            Last edited by zazen999; 24-01-2009, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Jimbob.
                              You remind me of an old guy called JohnBoy with the way you've 'steamed in' here!
                              Personally, I should duck for cover mate if I were you! We're a bit more of a gentle forum that the other ones!!
                              What I say may sound like complete shite to you Madam! but there's a hugely successful place near me, where I've been attending a Steiner Study Group (on Biodynamics), where they practice Biodynamic Growing Culture every single day of the year, in order to grow food (and they daily feed 80 people) which they've been doing for about 6 years now, and I base the very small knowledge I have, on what I am learning there.
                              Steiner left it all for us to discuss at length.. Surely, there's room in life for 'discussion' on topics that we're all interested in?
                              If you've personally 'got it all sewn up', then the rest of us here might as well go home quite frankly. And where exactly, would be the fun in that now?

Armed that a little knowledge can be a dangerous thing, I've decided to learn lots of it.
                              So please, don't try and stop me, or I'll get cross!

Comment

thanks guys...

very interesting read, ive heard about it before though, and too be honest i still don't fully understand it !! The mayans ( mayan culture)were great gardeners, they used fish waste from the sea bed as fertilizer and must have got great results ( high in nitrogen) and the mayans were heavily inspired by the moon and stars and there calender goes up to December 2012.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X