sowing seeds indoors now?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sowing seeds indoors now?

hi , is now a good time to start off some beetroot seeds indoors ready to plant out in a few weeks , or will the become too leggy , as i would only be using a window sill for light ?
    thanks for the help , and sorry for the questions im very new to veg growing and im trying to learn everything i can

Wotters have a read at this thread and see what other members have been sowing :-

https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...24#post2576263

Up to yet I've only sown lettuce they're on a bedroom windowsill with a piece of white card behind its supposed to reflect the light so the seedling don't get too leggy.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yes now is a good time,the light levels have improved since last month. March is a good time for a lot of seeds. There’s a really handy month by month sow guide on this Charles Dowding web page in the link. A few years ago I made my own monthly sow list in a notebook,it makes things really easy having a March sow list,April sow list,May etc,then that month you can just gather all the seeds needed without confusion,good luck with your seeds

https://www.charlesdowding.co.uk/edu...owing-timeline

Comment

thanks to both of you ill have a good read at work tonight at the links you have provided, appreciate your help

Comment

Wouldn't personally sow beetroot in indoor modules, I'd wait a couple of weeks and sow direct outdoors. Difficult to advise on timings though as you don't have your location on your profile.
          Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Beetroot actually transplants well, unlike a lot of root vegetables. It works well starting in modules, thinning to 3 plants per module, then planting the modules out 6 inches or so apart. The three plants will just push each other away as they grow.

I do usually make my early beetroot sowings direct, but I do a second sowing in modules in late June, to be planted out after I lift my second early potatoes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X