Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put my pepper seeds to sprout last night. 11 different varieties, although I can't remember the names of half of them off the top of my head.

Comment

Sowed another pot of Chilhuacle Negro today, because I'm not all that happy with the look of the first ones that came up.
      Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Planted 5 Cayenne seeds into little pots on Sunday (put to chit 11/02).

Still only 1 of the 2 Eureka I planted had come up despite chitting. I'd put some more to chit on 11/02 and 2 of them had sprouted so they got put into pots today.

Comment

I'm trying the wet towel approach for chilli's (new seeds) and nothing happening there.
          Northern England.

Comment

Mine have been taking 15-16 days for the seeds to sprout (unheated on paper towels in a takeaway container) if that's any help as to when you might see life. x

Comment

OK. I have not tried this way before
              Northern England.

Comment

All of my sprouted pepper seeds are now potted up, and a lot of them are up and with the seed leaves open.
                I was a bit concerned at one point that three out of four of my saved seed varieties didn't seem to be sprouting, so since I had a lot of seeds saved, I put 20 or more of each on damp tissue to sprout. Now almost all of them have sprouted and the kitchen paper is like a small forest...
                Last edited by ameno; 05-03-2024, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Congrats ameno

I'm sure your nearest & dearest will be glad to take some surplus off your hands (at least that's what I keep telling myself about our extra Cayennes)

I haven't done so well with the home-saved Eureka. Of 16 seed, 5 sprouted but only 2 have been strong enough to push their heads up (although they do have their 1st 'proper' leaves now & are enough for our own needs). I wonder if perhaps they weren't quite 'ripe' enough? Saying that, it might be an idea to have a look in the sprouting tub as others may have just been a bit later & I haven't looked for ages

Comment

Potted on our Cayenne & Eureka at the weekend as the roots were popping out of the bottom of the 9-10cm pots they were living in. All spares have now been duly distributed.

We have our first flower buds on the Cayennes too

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X