This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnie View Post
    I waffled a fair bit..........................................

https://youtu.be/u_qpZrUzwiQ
    Great video Burnie.
    You remind me of a younger Jack Hargreaves
    Have to say that I completely agree with you about the Alpine strawberries. I had a couple of very out of date packets of red and crème seeds so I wild sowed them in one of my flower borders, not expecting anything to happen. A couple of years later I was weeding there and spotted some plants had taken . The patch size varies each year depending on drought etc but they keep insisting on heading into the lawn!
    Defiantly worth growing, and such a flavour burst!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I quite like Out of Town and the Old Country, though I gave up smoking a pipe nearly 50 years ago.

Comment

Thanks for posting the link burnie

You're certainly right - I do love a nosey Your peas & mine look about the same

Nice idea about the chillies indicating cold tolerance

Edit to add: I reckon you're not too far off the same sort of weather & timings that we are here. We also have a cold snap with frost forecast for this week although no mention of snow that I know of.
        Last edited by Andraste; 23-04-2024, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Potted on toms, cucumbers and courgettes.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Potted on tomatoes,four cuore di bue,six black cherry & four more German lunchbox.

Comment

Sown pre-chitted telephone peas into guttering.
              Topped up GH borders with Council soil conditioner.

Comment

Pricked out gazanias, Antirrhinums (antirrhina???) and bellis seedlings into module trays.
                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Potted up some more rooted sweet potato cuttings, potted up some sprouted sweetcorn seeds, sowed some kale in modules, potted on my outdoor tomatoes and the litchi tomatoes (a bit soon, really, but I'm going on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow, and they can't wait until I get back), sowed some more leeks.
                  Then at the allotment I dug up all of last year's runner bean roots and then potted up the best ones and put them in the greenhouse, I did a bit more digging, earthed up the early and second early potatoes, and I planted out my tenderstem broccoli plants.

Comment

I made this yesterday,£17.99 from Lidl bought on Monday,60cm long,they had a larger one too but more money lined with compost bag to help hold a bit more water (there’s a hole underneath). Copper tape around the legs to stop snails

Click image for larger version

Name:	A97A37C8-CB04-4B35-9058-ED608DCA01E8.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	1.54 MB
ID:	2578248

Comment

• Filled the trug with some old compost & new compost on top. Washed lots more pots. Potted on twenty more foxgloves,I’ve got thirty nine

Click image for larger version

Name:	641ADB24-1D59-47EB-B2C2-DBB280BEA07D.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	935.8 KB
ID:	2578302

Comment

• Planted out the asparagus seedlings, and will now keep my fingers crossed for the next 3-5 years

Comment

• Potted on courgettes, cucumbers, marigolds and the Toms that needed repotting.
                          Dug out lots of dandelions and Forget me nots.

Comment

• Yesterday I got the second blowaway out the shed,secured it between plant pots,I don’t know how steady it is in wind though. I haven’t put any plants in it because I’m going out soon & imagine coming home & it’s blown over,not worth the risk. I’m thinking of putting something heavy on the base,like compost bag. Did some weeding. I’ve been putting some plants in the other blowaway every day & bring them in at about 7-8pm. The temperature looks better this week,I’ll leave them outside tonight

Comment

• I’ve planted my pre chitted parsnips then some seed sowing, potting on, mulching, general weeding and tidying the garden.

Comment

• Cut down a lot of spent tulip flowers - I'm hoping to salvage the bulbs in a few weeks. They've been magnificent so fingers crossed they'll bloom again next year!
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X