Spots on caulflowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spots on caulflowers

Advice please. I just noticed some spots on some winter cauliflowers I planted two days ago (bought on the market over a week ago). Any idea what they are (see picture)?

That looks just like the damage harlequin beetles do to my brassicas. I don't use pesticides but I have to say harlequin beetles are not very pleasant to squash in your fingers. Your post has encouraged me to look up harlequin beetle control. Not sure what your approach is, but info I've seen online suggests insecticidal soap, neem or pyrethrin might work. Plenty of info online. I Googled for harlequin beetles and brassicas.

Sorry, pressed post too soon. Edited to add: flea beetles might also be another possibility, but they cause more holes and fewer white 'stipples' in my patch. I hate flea beetles. Really difficult to deal with. They can ravage seedlings like yours, but my understanding is that by this time of year, they're not that active in the UK, if that's where you are.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Snoop Puss; 28-09-2023, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your reply. No I am in Belgium. I will look up harlequin beetles.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X