Trombonceno problem

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trombonceno problem

I am growing trombonceno in the same bed as my tomatoes I give the plants a comfrey feed every four days and a seaweed feed once a week, my tomatoes are doing well but the trombo grows well for two or three weeks then starts to die off from the seed point, the wizened bit gets cut off and the rest seems to be OK, the leaves of the plant look healthy and the plant is quite vigorous. Does anyone know what cause the fruit? to die off
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

If fruit on squash or courgette abort it's usually due either to incomplete pollination (each seed in the fruit is pollinated by a separate pollen grain, and although not all seeds need to pollinate, a certain minimum number needs to be achieved in order to make the fruit swell and grow properly. Sometimes enough seeds pollinate to make the fruit start growing, but then it stalls and aborts because there weren't actually quite enough), or else by water stress to the plant, either due to dry soil, or too much competition with other plants, or it already having too many fruit.

Comment

Thanks for the answer ameno, I will start watering the plant a bit more, as for the pollinating I will need to go with how it is for this year, as the temperatures are dropping now the growth will be finished shortly
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X