Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have used my greenhouse for chillies for the last 4 days, it's very mild

Comment

Put my pepper seeds to sprout on damp kitchen roll today.
      12 different varieties (a mix of sweet peppers and mild chillies), although I can't remember half of them off the top of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post

You'll still be able to keep them indoors if you have the space. It's just they're likely to get big enough that they'll need potting into larger pots before it's warm enough to plant them out.
        Well, they germinated fine in the heated prop and are now under the growlight. However my house is rather chilly this winter and they're standing still - may not be too early after all. A somewhat odd silver lining to the increase in the cost of gas......
        Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I've sown Lunchbox Peppers, Spangle, Lemon Dream and Trinidad Perfume Chilli Peppers.
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Some of my pepper seeds started sprouting a few days ago, so I potted them up, and now the first few are emerging from the compost.

Some varieties I haven't had a single one sprout on damp tissue yet, though, so I've increased the numbers. It's mostly half-packets from last year, but pepper seeds ought to last that long. Probably has something to do with my seed drawer getting damp over the winter (the wooded drawer even had white mould growing on it, although none of the seeds were mouldy). I've moved all my seeds elsewhere now.

Comment

I have Hungarian hot wax just emerging and tangerine dream on kitchen towel to sprout in the airing cupboard as it is older seed.

Comment

Most of the varieties which actually sprouted are now up, but the other varieties are not showing any signs of life, despite sowing all of my seeds of them.
                Looks like buying new seeds will be necessary.

Comment

Hungarian Hot wax and scotch bonnet seeds starting to come through. More exciting though is that my overwintered plants are starting to show new shoots on the main stem.

Comment

I’ve potted on my peppers from the kitchen roll .
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

My replacement seeds arrived today, so I put some to sprout on damp kitchen roll and put them somewhere warm.

Comment

Put the chilli plants from last year in new compost. A few wee leaves are stating to appear on the stems to hoping they will survive.

Comment

My replacement seeds have all sprouted, so I potted them up today.

Comment

I kept three plants of Numex Orange Spice alive on a windowsill over the winter. They've been looking rather straggly, but have had a sudden burst of blossoming, maybe due to feeding with some liquid fertiliser. Most of the flowers have fallen off, but I've been tapping the stems, and now the biggest plant has set 5 chillies and the other two have started a couple each. So I should have some ripe unusually early this year. They are an orange jalapeno type chilli, but said to be a bit hotter than a standard Jalapeno. I don't think I've ever eaten a standard Jalapeno to compare them with, but they are definitely hot.

Comment

Repotted most of my February sown peppers into 8cm pots, as they are now getting quite big. They're in my conservatory now.

Comment

Hi. I have overwintered a Bhut Ghost Chili which didn't perform very well at all last year but it looks fine now - plenty of leaves and flowers. I pruned it back in February. Only problem is this is a very hot chili - I don't like chilies much!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X