X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on my Kales today and a tomato that had a broken pot. Planted out some pansies I'd grown from seed.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Potted up some rooted sweet potato cuttings.
    Repotted a lot of seedlings (12 tomatoes, 12 peppers).

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I agree with you there Mark the flowers are tasty in salads I also like pickled seed pods but if they're growing in the parsnip or seed bed they just get in the way.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    I've noticed self seeded nasturtiums popping up around the garden I've moved them out of veg beds 're-homing them to better spots.
    To be fair, nasturtiums make a good salad.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    I've noticed self seeded nasturtiums popping up around the garden I've moved them out of veg beds 're-homing them to better spots.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out 10 tenderstem broccoli plants, and then rigged up an arc covered in netting to keep pests off.
    Sowed two rows of carrots, one of beetroot, and a short row of radishes.
    Finished digging one of the small beds, and spread manure on it.
    Strimmed all of the grass paths.
    Finished earthing up my early and second early potatoes.

Also discovered that one of my potted peach trees has died. By the looks of it, it got die-back diseases (which is common in Prunus species), but instead of the usual branch or two, it infected the trunk and girdled it, kill the tree.
    Good job I've got back ups.

Leave a comment:

• bramble
    replied
    Planted out my mixed salad leaves.
    Sowed some more radishes.
    Potted on the last of my sweet peppers.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Potted on my Tom's, then the 3 spare ones into 1ltr yoghurt pots they're the perfect size for give away plants.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    More potting on then some weeding and digging dandelions out of the 'lawn' it seems to be a good year for them

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    An update on the grafted melons:
    6 of 9 of the original batch are dead.
    Of the three that are still alive, the one I did with insertion grafting seems most likely to survive, and the two I tried approach grafting with are a bit questionable (the stem diameters were too different, really).
    I also grafted four more (three melon, one watermelon), all using insertion grafting this time. We'll see how they do.

The back-up melon and watermelon seedlings are all up now, and three of the watermelons are starting to grow true leaves. Hopefully they'll catch up to replace the failed grafted ones.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    A bit cooler today so I've mostly been in my GH potting on.
    courgettes
    cucs
    lettuce
    chard
    perpetual spinach

​​

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Planted out more of my pea seedlings, dug up a bay tree from the beds and put it in a pot, pottered around in the greenhouse with my tomoatoes, trying to get the greenhouse set up for them.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Finished making the new bed from the old comfrey patch.
    Then I dug over the patch were the new peach tree is going to go, and dug over half of one of the small beds.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Almost finished digging the old comfrey patch. Just one trench left to fill in.
    Also potted up some sprouted watermelon seeds.

Leave a comment:

• Mark Rand
    replied
    Spent some time in the workshop and made some plant labels:-

Plant labels

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X