X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Yesterday, actually. Had 3m3 kiln dried logs delivered - half our year's supply.

The kids kindly stacked them in an outhouse, in exchange for pasties. Other half next month: can't get a big truck up our lane.

Leave a comment:

• Snoop Puss
    replied
    Sympathy like there, ameno.

Leave a comment:

• peanut
    replied
    Continued potting up new bedding plants and repotting all the bedding plants I kept alive from last year. Still so much to do!
    Last edited by peanut; 28-06-2022, 08:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out some dwarf french bean plants and sowed some more beetroot.

Also, it seems we already have blight on our allotment site... For now it seems confined to two plots on the far side, away from my plot, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time... I talked to those plot holders and advised them to cut down and bag up all of the infected plants, which they are diligently doing, so hopefully that should slow its spread, at least.
    I'm pretty sure we've worked out why it hit so early. The plot it came from had a row of volunteer potatoes, and those were the first ones infected. I suspect those are from plants which died of blight last year and then when the tubers resprouted this year they got blight very quickly as a result.
    I'm not too worried about my earlies and second earlies, as they are basically already ready, anyway. Nor am I too worried about the tomatoes, as they are all blight-resistant varieties. What I'm concerned about is my maincrop potatoes...
    Last edited by ameno; 28-06-2022, 09:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Picked my first sweet peas and cosmos for the house today. Potted up some more basil seedlings - working well indoors. Pricked out some cavolo nero seedlings.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Fed my toms, cucs and courgettes with comfrey. Weeded GH borders and tied in sweet peas.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Hadnt occurred to me as I don’t usually use that kind of fertiliser. But came across a tub in the gh and thought I’d use it. When I searched for what could be causing the browning and it’s definitely that.
    Last edited by annie8; 26-06-2022, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• quanglewangle
    replied
    Originally posted by annie8 View Post
    [...] Kicking myself as realised my sweetcorn is suffering from fertiliser burn as I got a bit carried away when chucking around some growmore[...]
    I am surprised growmore is strong enough to do that.

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Harvested my autumn sown garlic, sowed beetroot and salad leaves. Potted on some chillis, pricked out cauliflower seedlings.Sorted out all my tomato plants into the right places in the gh which took ages but looks so much better.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Removed bolted chard, tidied up lettuce plants, picked sweet peas and some nasturtium pods that I'm going to pickle.

Leave a comment:

• Jungle Jane
    replied
    It was quite windy here yesterday,tied up the toms,cucumbers,melons & the grapevine,thinned the fruit on the grape & apple tree. Planted the first five dahlias & another tomato & two peppers,there’s not too much left to plant out now,I might be able to put the other blowaway in the shed soon. The aphids are loving my runner beans,they’ve got wings to fly to my two plants I haven’t even planted out yet

Leave a comment:

• annie8
    replied
    Not a great day, pulled all the rest of my beetroot that had bolted and was too small to do anything with and spotted aphids on my broccoli. Kicking myself as realised my sweetcorn is suffering from fertiliser burn as I got a bit carried away when chucking around some growmore. Only small positive was that a few peas are emerging from the most recent sowing - have struggled with pea germination this year.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out a dozen Swiss chard plants.

Leave a comment:

• ameno
    replied
    Planted out the other 6 strawberry plants I ordered the other week.
    Cut back the rather rampant red valerian.
    Thinned and weeded the big carrot tub.
    Weeded the soft fruit bed.
    Cut down the comfrey plants and stuff it into a bag to wilt for a few days, after which I shall use it to mulch my tomatoes.
    Last edited by ameno; 20-06-2022, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bren In Pots
    replied
    Just fed my GH toms and cucs will be potting up some lettuce later on.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X