Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toms this morning to make Brambles soup.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Swiss chard as well yesterday. A very decent crop.

More apples today
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Tomatoes,cucumber,a few runner beans & one big potato I only just cut my maincrop potato leaves a couple of days ago,I had to stick my hand in to see what size,found the first one,biggest I’ve ever grown cooked it straight away in the microwave for jacket with cheese,really good skin & everything,Desiree. I’ll lift more soon,I’ve still got earlies out there too

Comment

• French beans for the freezer, mixed lettuce, basil and radish pods.

Comment

• Tomatoes, a cucumber, carrots from trough in the back garden which are fine and some from the plot of which 2/3 had carrot fly and the first of the dwarf french beans.

Comment

• Dug up the rest of my maincrop potatoes. I now have five and half buckets worth to sort through.
              Also picked two cucumbers, a melon, and a load of peppers. The peppers were not ripe, but some animal (likely a badger) had almost complete destroyed one of my plants, breaking off all of the branches, so I had no choice but to pick them.
              In other bad news, the recent heavy rain has caused one of my giant butternuts (this one looks to be about 7kg or so) to split... I shall likely have to pick it soon, even though I don't think it's quite ripe yet, or else it will rot.

Comment

• I have finally picked my first ripe tomato. They are a plum variety and all they have been doing is hanging there unripe on the vines grinning at me.
                4 large marrows and a few cape gooseberries.
                A big punnet of runner beans. These are the first non wonky ones following some thunder rain. Watering was just not enough but with the humidity did the trick.
                Just a handful of raspberries.
                Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Apples for the dehydrator, raspberries, french beans, toms, basil and oregano.

Comment

• Lots of salad leaf that have been growing like mad. Made soup with it.

Comment

• Cucumbers, tomatoes, lunchbox peppers, sweet cherry peppers, French climbing beans, runner beans and an aubergine.
                      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Tomatoes tomatoes tomatoes, runner beans, radishes, and nasturtium leaves

Comment

• Tomatoes, peppers and blackberries.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Starting to get some of the autumn rasps and looking like it’ll be a good crop.

Comment

• Apples , blackberries and a small amount of raspberries - which didn’t even make it to the kitchen
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Apples, raspberries, toms then courgettes, kale and radish pods to go in the stir fry.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X