Decent crop of chilli

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decent crop of chilli

I was just wandering how to get a reasonable crop from my plants, I have got 19 plants from a shop bought chilli which surprised me, as I thought a few would take. Thanks in advance.

They need lots of light , warm, don't over water. and feed when the flowers come.and a little help with a paint brush

do you know what sort they are.?.
    Last edited by Ms-T; 22-02-2021, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Be aware that if they’re an f1 variety they may not grow true to the parent. I think the quantity of peppers you get can also depend on what kind it is, but that’s just anecdotal based on my experiences.
      I’ve gotten over 100 from some of the smaller Apache varieties, and 10-20 from my scotch bonnets

Comment

Thanks for responding I’m not sure of the variety as it didn’t say on the pack that I bought it was just red chilli.

With regards to feeding with a paint brush? I’m afraid you lost me

Comment

The paint brush tends to get used to pollinate the flowers. I tend to use the tip of a little finger to stroke pollen off one flower and onto others because it works just as well as doing the same job with a paint brush.

You could also get a tame bee.
          Last edited by Mark Rand; 23-02-2021, 09:42 AM. Reason: typo
          Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Rand View Post
            The paint brush tends to get used to pollinate the flowers. I tend to use the tip of a little finger to stroke pollen off one flower and onto others because it works just as well as doing the same job with a paint brush.

You could also get a tame bee.
            That's all assuming you grow them indoors, of course. If you grow them in a warm spot outdoors then the bees will pollinate them for you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X