Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uncovered the tender plants at the allotment.
    Also cut down the tomato plants and put them on the compost, along with the huge pile of sweet potato vines I had been leaving to catch a frost (I put them on the compost as soon as I cut them off last year, and I found they were still alive a good couple months later, so this year I decided to try and let them frost kill them off before I compost them ).

Comment

• I made a little greenhouse for my peach tree & several geraniums,dug out a few Charlotte potatoes,the courgettes are still ok out there (I took two of the flowers off coz they go brown & wet but I leave them on the younger courgettes for a bit)
      Click image for larger version

Name:	78CCE22B-7072-4269-9C43-D182F1C24124.jpeg
Views:	130
Size:	1.31 MB
ID:	2536176Click image for larger version

Name:	7F70ACF6-1AF8-4E74-8291-E0E84A5C5061.jpeg
Views:	137
Size:	538.9 KB
ID:	2536177

Comment

• Pruned the blackcurrants, cut down the autumn raspberries, and thinned the summer raspberries.

Comment

• Repotted some small hebe plants. Moved some other potted plants into a more sheltered spot. Planted some snakeshead fritillary bulbs.

Comment

• Cut down asparagus ferns and chopped them into the compost. Planted daffodil bulbs (picked five bags up in a sale )
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Transplanted a few strawberry plants, removed the dead leaves from the brassicas, and collected up a big sack of sycamore leaves.

Comment

• Cut up some pallets and made a new raised bed.

Comment

• Finished making the raised bed and line the sides with plastic.
                  Also took down half of my dead bean plants, and emptied the weed drowning barrel.

Comment

• Cut down most of my pepper plants and pulled them out, as well as cutting back three of them to a trunk in an attempt to overwinter them outside.
                    Ripped up a whole load of creeping bent and lined the bottom of my new raised bed with it, then chucked in the dead weed roots I emptied out yesterday, and the final cut of comfrey.
                    Emptied out the pepper containers (apart from the three I'm trying to overwinter) into the raised bed, also.

Comment

• Shooting some pictures for you, so you can see what I am talking about ...

And I had some tulip bulbs which I planted under the small fruit trees on the right side. They are peaches, Queen Victoria plum and little apple trees. Hopefully, the tulips bloom, though they are under the trees and get therefore shade from above.

In automn I did a lot of new beds and things. Now, it rather looks like a mess allover, because I could not finish. The allotment board does not like this. Everything has to be neat at every time.

The big Hügel-Bed is on the left side. It looks like under construction, but I made this to avoid premature erosion. The framework and the tarpe I put away in spring.

My EU-pallet beds have to be replaced by new ones. They are awfully broken and old. I planted garlic in all three beds. Germidour looking good (Mostly. What happened to the row on the left? Vanished, it seems). Messidrome taking their time obviously. Nearly nothing to see. Only here and there a sprout.

And there is the old greenhouse, which I have to repair in spring too.

Last edited by Iris_Germany; 21-11-2021, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Dug out a pink geranium & planted it in a pot next to the house for shelter. Then planted Thermidome & Early Purple Wight garlic where it was,next to the blackberry & the plum tree,topped it off with some really old compost to hopefully stop some weeds. Covered with metal shelving & grape vine cut up pieces to keep our cat off. Haven’t grown garlic in this spot before,the grounds really fertile weeds love it there & the moons waning,good time for root vegetables.

Comment

• Filled 3 large bags with leaves I'd raked from the garden, they'll be staying behind the shed for a year or so until they're broken down.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr Bones View Post
                            Cut down asparagus ferns [...]
                            Me too and weeded and munched the rows.

I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Tipped three barrow loads of soil into my new raised bed.
                              Wrapped up my pollarded pepper plants to try and overwinter them outdoors: I put three stakes around each one, then pack them with straw and wool, before putting an old compost bag over the top of each one to hold it all in and keep the rain out.

Comment

• Planted some Broad Beans ‘Aquadulce’ and Pea ‘Douce Provence’. This is the second batch I have now planted into Roottrainers. The first batch is doing rather well!
                                Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X