Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted up winter lettuce some into modules the rest into buckets.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lifted my main crop potatoes (kerrs pinks), dried them then put in a clamp. Got 11kg from 11 plants. Also put my earlies in clamp.

Comment

• Watered all the veg beds. Can't remember when we last had decent rainfall
        Picked lots of tomatoes
        Wanted to do more but too busy with other things
        Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
        Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
        https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
        Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• Pruned the last plum tree.

Comment

• Took the climbing French beans down and chopped them into the compost heap.
            Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Potted up the last of my winter lettuce, collected Telephone pea seeds that been drying on the plant. Sown some spring cabbage.

Comment

• Pulled up one lot of sweet peas and added them to a compost bin they were covered in green fly

Comment

• Pulled out the remains of my melon plants, now that the melons are all picked. Also trimmed up the watermelon plants to try and remove some of the diseased material, which seems to be spreading like mad.
                  Fed and watered almost everything.

Comment

• Verticut the lawn, which left the patches invaded by weed grasses almost bare. A bit scary.

Seeded and top dressed those patches with screened topsoil.

Overseeded the whole lawn for good measure.

Sprinkled on about 2cm

​​​​​​Fingers crossed and keep it moist for a couple of weeks.

I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Dug up half of my maincrop (Rooster) potatoes.
                      Removed more diseased leaves from my watermelons and sqaushes.
                      Fed and watered.

Comment

• Collected a piled high trailer full of fine wood chips with plenty of green (for adding to compost), pottered about on the lotty and did lots of nattering. Showed a party of new tenants round the plot.
                        Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Ordered nematodes for lawn leatherjackets. Haven't actually seen any crane flies but don't want devastation like we had three years ago.
                          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Removed two cucumbers that had finished in the GH weeded the GH borders.

Comment

• Cleared sweetcorn, weeded and raked. Then sowed green manure for winter timed to take advantage of the deluge we are promised tomorrow.

Comment

• Removed the Masterpiece cuc I can’t see it producing any more cucs the Beth alphas are still doing well.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X