Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Monkey face and Alberto Locoto have just poped up ,,but no show for the Demon Red..yet

Comment

Originally posted by ameno View Post

They won't carry on cropping through the winter itself, and indeed if they try to flower you should remove the buds as there isn't enough light this time of year, but they should start cropping again once things warm up, and give you a head start of up to 2 months or so on plants sown this year.
      Oh I did something wrong then. I was late planting last year and so brought the strongest looking chilli plants indoors and have kept them on a south facing windowsill. They flowered in November and with the help of an artist's paintbrush half of them pollinated. I now have seven decent sized chillies growing nicely.
      Leafy Hampshire
      2 Half Plots, learning every day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr H View Post
        Oh I did something wrong then. I was late planting last year and so brought the strongest looking chilli plants indoors and have kept them on a south facing windowsill. They flowered in November and with the help of an artist's paintbrush half of them pollinated. I now have seven decent sized chillies growing nicely.

So what ones did you overwinter .?
        Last edited by Nicos; 15-02-2021, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Nothing over wintered for me, but seeds to be sown tomorrow will be Hungarian Hot Wax crossed with Cayenne(done by ignorance really, used the same brush to pollinate the flowers), but the out come is nice. Cayenne and Citrina, under orders not to go "mad" with chillies as we haven't eaten all those grown last year yet lol.

Comment

I'm planning on overwintering a gifted un-named chill I think its a Orange Hab looking at the 'fruits' its on a South facing bedroom window sill.

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My overwintered chillies have mainly done well.
              All of the ones I had grown in pots are still healthy and in full leaf (although the small-leaved ones are starting to get infested with aphids, despite them not bothered the large-leaved variety).
              One of the three plants I dug up and stuck in pots is looking pretty healthy, and should definitely survive. The other two are looking rather worse, with some somewhat crispy leaves. Not sure if they'll make it.

Comment

Seeds sown in the prop, so fingers crossed as I didn't get many seeds in a packet.

Comment

"Sowed" my seeds today. That is, I put them on damp tissue to pre-germinate. Eight varieties, two chilli and six sweet.

Comment

Checked on my pepper seeds today, and three varieties (Sweet Heat, Mild Jalapeno, Marconi Yellow) are starting to sprout already. Three days; pretty fast. I suppose I had better pot them up tomorrow.

Comment

That's good going .never seen a Marconi Yellow .

Comment

2nd sowing of Cayenne more successful now got 5 germinated. No sign of any of the lemon drop though.

Comment

I have lemon drops but no Cayenne.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                            That's good going .never seen a Marconi Yellow .
                            It is only the seeds themselves sprouting in damp tissue, though. It'll probably be the best part of another week before they actually come up above the soil surface once I pot them up.

Comment

For the first time ever I have overwintered a Habanero plant. Its on he kitchen windowsill and is laden with fruit. It is also flowering, so I assume that in their natural habitat they are a perennial plant?
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

First overwintered orange habañero has gone orange overnight! Chillies in February

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X