Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed some more lettuce All the yr Round and last year’s Valmaine seeds. Also doing another 2 pots of parsley having soaked seeds overnight (which worked brilliantly as the soaked seeds germinated in 10 days). Leeks mostly peeking through and am going for it with parsnips as soil is >10 deg on plot.

Comment

Todays sowings,

3 varieties of kale
      2 " spring onions
      2 " chard
      spinach
      landcress
      salad leaves
      More french Marigolds..

I set a couple of takeout trays of parsnips to chit

Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Potted up my pre-sprouted tenderstem broccoli seeds.

Comment

Sowed half a tray of the Feverfew seeds that came with my magazine, not sure what I will do with them, but the flowers on the picture look nice.

Comment

Peas alderman and show perfection (saved from last year).

Comment

Just some more sunflowers today.

Comment

Sowed courgettes, butternut squach, kabocha squash and loofa. Flower seeds at the back sowed a few days ago on orders from Director of Gardening.
                Note tweezers - essential for early thinning Click image for larger version

Name:	seeds.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	2520598 since I have almost no feeling in my fingers.
                I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Sowed butternut squash and cucumber seeds this afternoon,

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Where do you guys live that you're sowing squash already? I sowed mine in mid-April last year and they were veritable triffids by the time I planted them out in mid-May.

Comment

I sowed a row of radish and two of Spring Onions, that's as brave as I'm getting with outdoor sowings yet and they are under thick fleece.

Comment

Anyone planted out their peas yet? I have been sowing my aldermans in the gh for a few weeks now and got really good germination from last years crop. Just starting to think about getting them out in the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by annie8 View Post
                          Anyone planted out their peas yet? I have been sowing my aldermans in the gh for a few weeks now and got really good germination from last years crop. Just starting to think about getting them out in the ground.
                          Our peas are in guttering and ready to go out, they'll be going into the brassica cage as soon as the kale's finished. Last year they went out on March 23rd.
                          Location ... Nottingham

Comment

I've only just sown my pre chitted Telephone peas into guttering so it'll be a week or two before they'll be ready to go in the ground.

Comment

Sowed some Autumn Calabrese in cells in the greenhouse/

Comment

Too scared to plant my peas out, they get protected from marauding gastropods with plastic pop bottles but it's so windy I'm worried they will blow away. And it is hurling it down so not inclined to recover them if they do take off
                                East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X