Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sowed some frilly mustard in the cold frame, and sowed celeriac, leeks, red cabbage and Brussels sprouts indoors.

Comment

Anyone started mizuna outside yet or is it too early in my part of the world? Heard it doesn’t mind cold. Could start in the gh but I’d probably rather wait and sow direct if i can sow in March.

Comment

Sowed more Meteor peas on Friday and planted the rest of the onion sets yesterday.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

I've lobbed some peas (Meteor) borad beans (the sutton) , Lettuce (little Gem, lollo rosso), Radish (Purple ?spanish place), Spring onion (white lisbon), Beetroot (bolthardy), Cabbage (greyhound) all in modules over the last two weeks.

Sticking my radish out under fleece today. Following Dowding methods. I've covered half the plot in card and compost.. Run out of funds atm for more. I have homemade I will use, it just takes a long time to sift it as I chucked everything in there haha.

Comment

Sowed some more peas (alderman) and more cauliflower (Clapton).

Comment

Sowed
              spring onion
              mange tout.
              beetroot cylindra new to me.
              and lot of toms ...that are keeping their seed heads...not had that before .

Comment

Started sowing my first seeds today.
                Aubergines Black Beauty and Tsakoniki
                Chillies, a colourful mix
                Sweet Peppers mix
                Sweet Peppers Lunchbox
                Cucamelons
                Tomatoes Tigerella and Sungold
                Feels good to be getting stuff sown and a month earlier than last year! Go me!

Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Yesterday I sowed Geraniums & Petunias

Comment

Yesterday
                    - Second Batch of Broad Beans (suttons) in a pot in the green house to transfer in a month or so to the raised bed, sowed some beetroot direct.
                    Today
                    Chillies - Thai Super Chillies F1, Lemon Drop, Choc Hab (definitely too late but was on autopilot and realised I didn't sow them when I sowed my Red Habs in Jan)
                    Sweet Pepper - (look like corni di toro but they're not) Sweet Deaux maybe?
                    Tomatoes - San Mazarno, Beef Master and Sweet Million.

Planning on getting some leaves started in tubs in the greenhouse when this storm passes and some Pak Choi in pots to transfer into the RB to hopefully pick early year before the squshes and sweet corn go in.

Comment

Was a bit board today sooo sowed two courgette just because i can..Hi Ho

Comment

Sowed a 2m gutter of peas today (45 seeds), Oregon Sugar Pod. I had pre-sprouted them, so they should all come up.
                        I also put 50 or so more peas (Delikett, this time) to sprout, ready to plant up in a few days time.

Comment

Sowed the remaining 12 varieties of tomatoes.
                          Sungold and Tigarella are up took 8 days.(a note for myself)
                          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
                          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
                          https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
                          Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

Sowed another gutter of peas (Delikett this time).
                            Also sowed:
                            Garland chrysanthemum
                            Spinach
                            Tom Thumb Lettuce
                            Cape Gooseberry
                            Potato seeds (real seeds, not seed potatoes)

Comment

Sowed a range of cut and come again leaves of varying textures and colours today. Will hopefully make a nice salad for some spring barbeques when we can have friends round.

Comment

Just sowed tomatoes in the heated prop.
                                British Breakfast
                                Black Russian
                                Craigella
                                Moneymaker
                                Tigerella
                                Gardeners Delight
                                a couple I've not grown before.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse