This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SimpleSimon View Post

Funny you should say that as this morning I picked a sink full of jalepenos (normal and numex) and am on a pickling rampage as we speak. Don't have enough of these massive jars tho!
    You could pickled them sliced instead. That's what I did. That way you can use pretty much any sized jar.

Comment

• 7 cucumbers from one self seeded outdoor plant.
      I had no idea it was even there…it had grown under cover of a large bed of nasturtiums.
      Very happy with that find!
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Just picked some raspberries and a couple of toms, I don't need anything else from the garden today.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Couple of aubergines. Would have left the little one a bit longer but Mrs quanglewangle needed it and aubergines are ripe more or less as soon as they appear.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG1633772330953.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	766.6 KB
ID:	2534527
          I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Carrots, a parsnip, a late courgette, a surprise cucumber, a few salad leaves, a radish and a handful of raspberries.
            Also pulled out a couple of bolted fennel I had neglected to check as they were under a cloche with some carrots - which was annoying.

Comment

• A few runner beans, apples, a few more pears and grapes. I'm sending the dinner guest home with a small container of apples, pears and grapes.
              Click image for larger version  Name:	20211010_144323_resized.jpg Views:	0 Size:	415.6 KB ID:	2534641
              Last edited by greenishfing; 10-10-2021, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Mixed lettuce, chard, basil, chives, Toms and raspberries.

That does look a good selection of fruit greenishfing your guests are lucky.

Comment

• Red Cabbage, cucumbers, carrots, spring onions, sweet peppers, lettuce, toms and apples.
                  Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Potatoes from the clamp, carrots, Rosemary, beetroot, red cabbage for the dinner.

Comment

• Tomatoes, french beans, a bucket of dry beans for shelling, and over 1kg of peppers.

Comment

• Five squashes.
                        Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Brought back 6 squashes from the allotment. Came to a total of 39kg, with the heaviest at 13.6kg.

Comment

• Toms, basil, mixed lettuce, raspberries and chillis.

Comment

• Two aubergines - possibly last two since although there are flowers there aren't any set fruits that I can see.

I'll glive it the benefit of the doubt and leave it a week or two.
                              I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

• Raspberries then picked Scarlet emperor bean seeds boiled them for 10 mins ready to go in tomorrows chilli.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X