Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peppers (sweet and hot wax), DFB's, toms, cukes, spring onions, carrots, apples, beetroot and lettuce.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Lifted the last of the potatoes, Nicola. Cut the haulms off back in mid August, delighted to find that they have no damage at all, other than me sticking the fork in a few.
      Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs! https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif
      Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result
      https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ilies/wink.gif
      Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...lies/smile.gif

Comment

• The crown Prince crop plus a couple of squash, kilo of tomatoes and a bowl of rasps. Am now searching recipes for crown Prince. Click image for larger version

Name:	EDD1BA1C-0967-4861-84C1-61E99900C76E.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	956.7 KB
ID:	2533940

Comment

• French beans, tenderstem broccoli, loads of peppers, a bucket and a half full of dry beans for shelling.

Also brought back six of my squashes today. Five of them ranged from 2.5 to 6.3kg, and then there was one massive one at 16.3kg.
          I've got another giant growing on the same plant, too, which looks to be about the same size. It was a rogue seed in a packet of what was meant to be Red Warty Thing. Two of the three plants produced as expected (football sized almost spherical squashes with dark orange to red knobbly skin), but one of them produced massive squashes, wider than they are tall, and with smooth salmon-pink coloured skin with narrow white stripes.

Comment

• I had some marrows that were rogues that produced huge fruits.
            I have also got some saved seed winter squashes still on the vine and due in very soon.
            A handful of raspberries from plants that were only put in this spring.
            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• Last of the outside cucumbers, probably the last courgettes, peppers, carrots and spring onions.
              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Black cherry and San Marzano toms plus some oregano.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Courgettes & black icicle tomatoes

Comment

• Marrows and flying saucer marrows.
                    In trouble for growing too many.
                    Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• It's been too wet and windy to go out and do anything in the garden. Just quickly nipped out and harvested some kale (Nero di Toscana) and calabrese (Marathon) for dinner. Both have been cropping really well.

Comment

• Calabrese, savoy cabbage and leeks.

Comment

• Another half kilo of rasps. They were late this year but now must be best crop I’ve had.

Comment

• The last few days its mostly been raspberries, Toms, lettuce and chives.

Comment

• Potatoes, celery, carrots. spinach and parsley.

Comment

• Today raspberries and chilli's.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X