Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rasps, apples, beetroot, carrots, cukes, courgettes, parsley, cfb's, zinnias and gladdies.
    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Plums - a bit earlier than planned, but I have visiting fruit loving squirrel who had already nibbled about a third of them. Fingers crossed they'll continue to ripen a bit more indoors.
      It's not been a great year veg wise, but the plum tree was absolutely laden and seemed to have skipped the usual June drop this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ameno View Post
        The rest of my onions, and another melon.
        Definitely going to do melons again next year. Ive missed them this year.
        I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."
        ∃

Comment

• One mini cucumber & two tomatoes aranyalma & indigo cherry drop

Comment

• Originally posted by quanglewangle View Post

Definitely going to do melons again next year. Ive missed them this year.
            I've been surprised by how well Emir have done for me, outside, in a fairly average summer. Assuming the last three ripen, I will have gotten 11 decent sized melons (average about 800g each) from three plants.
            I'm also growing another variety recommended for outdoor growing, Collective Farm Woman, and although it has done okay, it's not nearly as impressive. The fruit are both smaller and fewer, and not as tasty, and the plants seem to be dying prematurely.
            Next year I think I shall just grow six Emir plants instead.

My watermelons are coming along nicely, too. I just hope I can keep the fungus attacking the leaves at bay long enough for them to mature and ripen.

Comment

• Lots of tomatoes and a cucumber.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Earlier morning lettuce, radishes, toms and cuc.

this afternoon Runner and French beans along with more.toms.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My first ripe tomatoes, from outdoors.
                  Also, more french beans, tenderstem broccoli, two small melons, some gladioli, and half a dozen jalapenos.

Comment

• One self seeded cucumber!
                    Its done better than the ones we intentionally grew which now have one 2cm cucumber on each
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Oh, and I also dug up two more plants worth of Charlotte potatoes.

Comment

• Charlottes, Black cherry toms, Gardeners delight toms, radishes, mixed lettuce, mustard, Thyme, basil and oregano.

Comment

• What I didn't harvest - the not quite ready marrow (my only one!) that someone has nicked from my allotment

Comment

• MelanieSW ^^^ that's a sympathy like, so disappointing

Picked quite a variety yesterday - apples, beetroot, CFB's, figs, toms, basil, courgettes, cukes, aubergines, hot wax peppers, carrots and sweetcorn.

Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Rasps, apples, sweetcorn, carrots, courgettes, cukes, parsley, friggitello peppers, bell peppers, hot wax peppers, toms gladiolas and zinnias.
                              Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Mixed lettuce, basil, cucumber and raspberries.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X