Non Eu Seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ameno View Post

I highly doubt anything will change in that regard.
    All current EU laws will be transferred by default into British law upon our leaving. It's then up to the government to change any laws they don't like after that. So in order for banned chemicals to become legally usable again those laws would have to be actively repealed, and that seems very unlikely, as not only were those chemicals banned for a reason but, quite frankly, the government have bigger fish to fry.
    I wasn’t talking about banned chemicals being reused.There are other chemical preparations & new types,all we’d have to do is agree to the use of them or extend usage of some. It is a worry if you knew the extent of what I’m talking about. I like the way the EU is strict about chemical usage,we should stay the same with them still,not join other countries ways.

Comment

So, the Italian pasta die company was on the right track. And now this on the BBC. But you read it on the Vine first!
      EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes - BBC News

Comment

I shall be buying British.....................which means it's probably made in China.................................

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
          So, the Italian pasta die company was on the right track. And now this on the BBC. But you read it on the Vine first!
          EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes - BBC News
          Look at the new import VAT rules on Gov.uk, this could potentially be a good thing or a bad thing for me, as someone who imports quite a lot of stuff (mainly from Japan and the US).
          On the one hand, it seems all foreign businesses (not just EU ones) sending goods to the UK are now expected to register for UK VAT. Many companies may not want the bother and expense of doing this, so may just refuse to send things to the UK anymore.
          On the other hand, the import VAT threshold is now £135 (it used to be £18), so I will no longer have to pay customs charges on anything under that value.

Comment

^Maybe... But it's possible that more than VAT is affected. Amazon.co.uk is now charging an import fees deposit on orders from the UK to be shipped abroad and from its global store to be shipped into the UK. I've seen one order of just over 12 pounds charged a 20% fee. Amazon info here: Amazon.co.uk Help: About Import Fees Deposit

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
              ^Maybe... But it's possible that more than VAT is affected. Amazon.co.uk is now charging an import fees deposit on orders from the UK to be shipped abroad and from its global store to be shipped into the UK. I've seen one order of just over 12 pounds charged a 20% fee. Amazon info here: Amazon.co.uk Help: About Import Fees Deposit
              They've been doing that for years now, actually. It's nothing new.
              The only difference is that it now applies to EU countries as well as other foreign countries.
              It's a double-edged sword, really, that customs pre-payment service of theirs. On the one hand, it guarantees that you only have to pay the import VAT itself, and you mercifully avoid Royal Mail's exorbitant "handling" fee. But on the other hand, you always have to pay that 20%, whereas normally smaller packages often slip through the net and you end up not having to pay any import VAT on them at all.
              Depends how lucky you feel, I suppose.

Comment

A couple of weeks ago I ordered almost £100 worth of seeds, bulbs and seedlings from the Sarah Raven website - really cross to receive a refund today with a a brief note saying all orders to Northern Ireland have been cancelled due to 'additional plant health controls' and 'additional customs clearance'.

No idea where I can get replacements from now, with all the local garden centres closed. I'm really annoyed, don't understand why Sarah Raven accepted my order in the first place. Grrrrrr!

Sorry, just wanted to let off steam about this frustrating situation. On the other hand, I'm so so so appreciative that a certain Scottish company posted my seed potato order in December before the new regulations came into place. They're happily chitting on my window sills, and may possibly be the only thing I'll be able to plant at the allotment in March.

Comment

^It's possible they didn't know or their website wasn't geared up to eliminating customers whose orders couldn't be fulfilled. Seems like quite a few have been caught out. You'll have to look at online suppliers at home or, if you speak French, you could try French suppliers. Only problem is they seem to be a lot more expensive. Also, you won't get seedlings from France.

Comment

I’m in the middle of finding out about exporting seeds to France & exactly what I have to do/pay etc. It’s being passed onto the plant inspector for my postcode so I’ll know what I need to do but,Northern Ireland is a bit different & there’s no cost to the traders in England/Scotland/Wales with the movement assistance scheme -
                    ‘If you’re moving plants from England, Wales or Scotland to Northern Ireland, you do not need to pay for them to be inspected and certified. Your certifier invoices the government for these costs as part of the Movement Assistance Scheme’.
                    If traders do this,a bit more paperwork,can’t we still trade easily with NI?

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/export-p...-special-rules

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X