No announcement yet.

Let the Courgette onslaught begin!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol....were starting to tire of them...but who can resist such tasty veg...and free to boot

Comment

I have a box of about 24 and I know there will be more in the morning. Will be trying the choc cake tomorrow and soup for tea. will have to look for soup recipe.

Ian

Comment

Thanks for the link Tam, lots of yummy recipes- would use a smiley if I knew how!

Comment

Originally posted by gojiberry View Post
          I have a box of about 24 and I know there will be more in the morning. Will be trying the choc cake tomorrow and soup for tea. will have to look for soup recipe.

Ian
          Loads of recipes on season to taste(2 threads!)~but in meantime a friend at school gave me this recipe this arvo~
          Put 3-4 chopped courgettes&chopped onion in pan with 1-1&1/2 pint water.add 2 stock cubes.simmer for 15 mins.put through liquidiser.optional extra~cream at the end.season to taste.Done!
          the fates lead him who will;him who won't they drag.

Happiness is not having what you want,but wanting what you have.xx

Comment

I only have one so far, I've not picked it yet even though my OH keeps telling me too - I keep going over and just looking at in wonder (first year growing can you tell, lol). Had a lovely Black Forest Courgette with loads of flowers on it, found it on the grass yesterday, the wind had snapped the stem and it was making a bid for freedom - gutted!

I have 3 plants now, how many should I expect each day on average when they get going?

Comment

"how many should I expect each day on average when they get going?"

Think of a number that is too many. Got it? OK, now double it. And again ...

Then go any carefully look under the leaves and find out how many have avoided detection and are lurking, marrow-sized, out of sight ...
              K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

My neighbour hands out strawberries and cucumbers - as long as you agree to take 10 courgettes. And I've got loads of my own

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Mythme, to do smiley, click the Go Advanced button under the typing box and the Smileys will pop up at the side. You can use up to 4 - I think.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I have three plants all different sizes planted at the same time and i am picking at least two every couple of days loads of flowers to come most with courgettes behind
                    Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                    and ends with backache

Comment

I ended up with a total of zero standard courgette plants but have three climbers (Tromboncino) which are fruiting profusely - trouble is they are rather rude in appearance so perhaps not ideal to give as presents...
                      RtB x

Comment

Thanks Alice. Courgettes doing ok but pumpkins sulking

Comment

Onslaught? If only. I decided to try yellow courgettes this year and put in 4 plants thinking I was probably doing too many and I have not had one courgette. They get to about an inch long and less than cm wide then shrivel up and die. No onslaught just distraught

Comment

louly are you giving them plenty of water ?? they do drink a lot.
                            Gardening ..... begins with daybreak
                            and ends with backache

Comment

they'll die if they're not pollinated- you can do this by hand by poking the polleny bit of the male flower into the female flower. It's a good idea to keep any spare male flowers in the freezer as there aren't always both at the same time.

Comment

Used up all the courgettes this morning in the choc cake and chutney. Went out after lunch and there was another 15 needed picking. Thank you Andy & Di for the soup recipe, didn't get it done today but will try it tomorrow.

Ian

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X