• Show
Clear All

I am growing:
    Swift.
    Charlotte.
    Juliette.
    Int Kidney.
    Rattes.

I did not try Rooster...infact no chipping /roasting /baking maincrop spuds but I am still muttering about the blight the last two years...Frankly at Only £7 a 25Kilo sack delivered to the door by the milkman I can't be fagged.

Comment

This year my tatties are 50kg Foremost, 50kg Duke of York, 100kg Charlotte and 50kg Rooster. Couldn't get Lady Christl (my own fault - too late in ordering).
      Rat

British by birth
      Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
      http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

What's the best way to grow potatoes?I'm asking because the same potato will have different taste-probably the way of growing them.Do you water them or not?What about feeding?Or just earth them up as they grow and forget all about it until you lift them up?
        Last year we were given Charlotte by MIL,they were alright-nothing special-"just potatoes".We had Charlotte yesterday,bought from the shop and they were beautiful.
        I'm growing Desiree and Pink Fir Apple this ear-my first home grown tatties.Desiree-again,bought from the shop last year,such a good flavour I had to have it.Pink Fir Apple-recommendations and appearance-looks interesting,unusual shape for potato,looks more like ginger.Had a look at Potato Council a while ago,looks like Desiree is one of the most versatile tatties.
        As for the taste,I love Golden Wonder chips.The reason I decided to not to go for them is that slugs like them too and I have loads of them in the garden.

Comment

best flavour so far

Have dug lady christl and pentland javelin so far. Pentland javelin the best flavoured but both very good.

Comment

I followed this thread last year and decided to try Lady Christl - it seemed popular and I hadn't tried it before. Dug my first ones for dinner last night and they were really lovely, you just can't beat those first potatoes of the season and my guests were impressed too! Not sure it's the tastiest early I've grown, I think Pentland Javelin were better. The Lady Christl are beautifully white and unmarked - but that could just be this year's growing conditions. They'd only been in 9 weeks so it was bit early to judge the yield, but I couldn't wait any longer
            So far, so good!!
            Life is too short for drama & petty things!
            So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

Comment

Has anybody found better flavour than pentland javelin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X