No announcement yet.

Strawberries In Pots

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gav, on the downside ... it looks fairly top heavy. No good for me on the windy E.Coast.
    You can make something similar (a pyramid affair) by stacking different size pots on top of a big one... biggest on bottom, then a smaller one on top and in the middle, then a smaller one on the very toppest.
    All gardeners know better than other gardeners." -- Chinese Proverb.

Comment

They have these sort of three teir hanging basket things (but they dont hang) on sale on wilkoplus website, for about £10
      "You never really understand a person until you look at things from their point of view, until you step into their skin and walk around in it" - Atticus Finch, To Kill A Mockingbird

Comment

I have used a set of Ken Muir "Green Self-Watering Towerpots" for four or five years - an impulse purchase at Chelsea Flower show some years back. They are similar to the pyramid system above having a 3-lobbed pot and each level stacks at an offset to expose the lobes. There is a water reservoir and a capillary wick. They work OK, but no better than "ok", and I think they are more trouble than they are worth. But I may be doing it all wrong of course ...

See .: Ken Muir :.

K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

P.S. Mine don't look anything like as good as the photo, but if you can make them work like that go for it!
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

strawberries in pots

I have been growing my veg and strawberries in pots.Those large flexible plastic tubs are very useful.

Comment

I have used one of those 'proper' strawberry pots (with the side holes). For watering I made lots of holes in a water bottle and buried it in the middle, with the top an inch or so proud of the top. Because the neck is narrow, less water evaporated. The strawberries seemed happy enough.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X