Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternatives to growbags?

Hiya,

I've got some toms, chillis and a solitary aubergine (rash purchase in the garden centre today!). Any ideas on what to do with them other than stick them in a growbag? Was thinking of doing a few big pots or something. Actually I'm not too sure what I was thinking....
    Never say never....

Got most of mine(and daughters,and sons)growing in B&Q orange buckets.

Comment

Sooz, my toms are growing direct in the ground. Not sure why the need a grow bag? Peppers are in desperate need of planting on but are currently in a sedling tray on the kitchen window sill....
      Shortie

"There are only two lasting bequests we can hope to give our children; one of these is roots, the other wings" - Hodding Carter

Comment

Pots or growbags, your aub need lots of heat (more than toms & chillis)....
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I bought growbags for my greenhouse crops today but am trying outdoor toms this year - not certain how they'll fare this far north but if you don't try you'll never know. These will be going into largish pots of multi purpose / home made compost mix
          Rat

British by birth
          Scottish by the Grace of God

http://scotsburngarden.blogspot.com/
          http://davethegardener.blogspot.com/

Comment

Rat, my toms are doing great outside. I'm a bit further south than you and on a warmer coast but if you plant them on the south side and shelter from wind I hope they will do well. My father in law lived in Carnoustie and grew everything, but he did have the benefit of a walled garden, south facing.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

Last year mine were outside in grobags and a few in the ground, but this year all of mine are in the ground so far.

However I am a bit further south!
              Rachel

Trying to tame the mad thing called a garden and getting there I think!

My Garden Mayhem...inspirational blog for me I hope! - updated 16/04/09

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X