No announcement yet.

How behind am I?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got overwinter onions in, shallots went in 2 weeks ago as they had started to go soft and were shooting, potatoes went in Saturday and I have leek seedlings indoors. Everything else will be sown in a couple of weeks.

Comment

Well I started sowing yesterday (just broad beans and peas - no point in rushing it). My first sowings for this year, not late due to the weather, just late ........... coz I live so far north! I always seem to catch up with you all at harvest time.

So I shouldn't worry DDL.
      ~
      Aerodynamically the bumblebee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumblebee doesn't know that so it goes on flying anyway.
      ~ Mary Kay Ash

Comment

thanks everyone! I really feel much better. Let's all post some replies when we have actually planted something! Bernie aka DDL
        Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I keep forgetting we had a early easter was telling my wife how behind i was and that i normaly have loads in for easter but then was reminded me easter was very early this year so dont think im that far behind.

Comment

So far I've sown NOTHING except peppers and toms for the greenhouse, which are doing very well at time of going to press. All the veg seeds, main crop spuds and onion sets will get started this weekend.
            Spuds in tubs; root crops & turnips in raised beds; peas and beans on bog rolls and the rest in seed trays.
            The bog roll and sead tray wallers should be ready to plant out at the end of May when (hopefully) the frosts have gone. Most of the brassicas will be staggered at 2 week intervals for sowing so I don't get them all in one go.
            However, if it stays wet, I'll try rice as well!
            http://norm-foodforthought.blogspot.com/

If it ain't broke, don't fix it and if you ain't going to eat it, don't kill it

Comment

I've only sowed stuff, but i'm a noob anyway, so its not worth even looking to see what i've done so far

I did have herb success last year though

Comment

Nice one Norm - agree with you, if the rains keeps up then will try rice as well! Bernie aka DDL
                Bernie aka DDL

Appreciate the little things in life because one day you will realise they are the big things

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one being caught out by bad weather and lack of time. Today I planted my first and second early potatoes, and some onion sets. I hope this is still the right time of year to do this. I wanted to sow some Parsnips but I think I am too late.

I am still new to growing veg but am learning slowly. I only got my new half plot about 5 weeks ago, but am doing fairly well at present, although bindweed and pests lurk beneath the surface. I shall have to stand guard and get the blighters when I see them

Comment

Hi Teen - welcome to the Vine! Don't be afraid to ask whatever you want - everyone here is very friendly and offers their advice, tips and hints!
                    Actually, I agree with you - though I don't think it's too late to plant parsnips. I'm planning to plant my tatties tomorrow - weather permitting! Good luck with the lottie - do keep everyone updated on your progress. Bernie aka DDL
                    Bernie aka DDL

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X