No announcement yet.

Herbs-chives, corriander and basil...

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try th ebasil again Janie and always water it from the bottom. It doesn't like its leaves wet.

From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.

Comment

I agree, try the basil again Janie; try watering with a little weak Bordeaux mixture. This is a copper sulphate based fungicide and really helps to protect seedlings from damping off.

Comment

Yes I will, I now have even more basil seeds to try as I picked up some free nifty seed sticks when I was at Gardening Scotland at the weekend. It was great. Got loads of stuff, only problem is now I can't fit it all into my garden
        I'm going to try the basil in little pots this time to see if that is any more successful than a seed tray.
        Sherbet, possibly the smallest rabbit in the world....

Comment

Basil Mint

I'm sure I seen a programme with Jekka McVicar talking about Basil mint, grows like mint (wheeeeee!) smells like basil. Ideal solution I ahould think. I'll investigate and report back

Comment

Basil mint is fully hardy, tastes like mint with overtones of basil and you can use it in place of basil (at least thats what the web site said!). You can buy it from www.jekkasherbfarm.com and www.manorfarmherbs.co.uk
            [

Comment

They still haven't shown their heads! :-(
              Act - Sing - Perform!
              Theatre Cats

Comment

Don't give up Catbud!!!

That basil mint sounds like the thing I need, I can grow mint!!!
                Will have to investigate too!
                Sherbet, possibly the smallest rabbit in the world....

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X