No announcement yet.

Edible flowers

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I freeze Borage flowers in ice cubes, a very decorative extra for drinks. I have eaten nasturtiums flowers. The main reason I've never eaten courgette flowers is that mine always seem to have insects in them.

Comment

Violets and borage in ice cubes I find they are clearer if you use cooled boiled water in the cubes.
      Nasturtium flowers in salad
      marigold petals in salads
      courgette flowers in tempura batter
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

I tried the Borage in ice cubes, but little else, when I'm out on the hills or in the forest I do browse on wild flowers that I can forage, I quite like wild Garlic flowers in a cheese butty when fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
          I was rummaging around in the archives and thought this is a good idea, who eats flowers and what do you eat?
          you be careful rumaging ... you could come across all sorts

I'm told that the common Primrose (Primula Vulgaris) is very nice to eat but I've never tried them
          ntg
          Never be afraid to try something new.
          Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark.
          A large group of professionals built the Titanic
          ==================================================

Comment

Just the usual Nasturtiums, courgettes, chive flowers then a sprinkle of marigold petals.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I think we might see some fresh produce harder to find if it's imported, so I'm thinking out of the box to jazz up the meals in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                I think we might see some fresh produce harder to find if it's imported, so I'm thinking out of the box to jazz up the meals in the summer.
                In Summer the only fresh produce I tend to buy that is imported are citrus fruit and avocados. I really don't think that I could replace them with flowers unfortunately.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X