No announcement yet.

Still cropping Calabrese?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks shirl, I'll have a little google (and a check in my seed box- who can be sure what their seed box contains?) and I'll get back to you.
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

Originally posted by smallblueplanet View Post
      Does your calabrese have a name Snadg?

.....and you know I'm talking variety here! When does it get sown?
      It does have a name and a preferred planting time but the packet is at the allotment.

The allotment is seven mile away and we have approximately 4 inches of snow so all I can remember was it was bought from Kings seeds.

Next trip to the allotment will be Saturday!

PS Just had a look at the Kings site and surprisingly Calabrese F1 Chevalier seems to ring a bell from the EIGHT Calabrese on offer, but I could be wrong!
      My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
      to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger
        ...we have approximately 4 inches of snow...
        Really!?

Originally posted by Snadger
        PS Just had a look at the Kings site and surprisingly Calabrese F1 Chevalier seems to ring a bell from the EIGHT Calabrese on offer, but I could be wrong!
        Better not be!
        To see a world in a grain of sand
        And a heaven in a wild flower

Comment

I grew a variety called trixie [club root resistant] sown in july planted in august and had a good feed of sideshoots this weekend so well worth growing

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
            I've never grown it before so no special method, just planted it 18" apart
            Ahhh, that might explain it then - mine were only about 8" apart Another lesson learnt!

How's the snow?
            Life may not be the party we hoped for but since we're here we might as well dance

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X