Comfrey Tube - Other Ingredients

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comfrey Tube - Other Ingredients

Hi everyone, I now have a Comfrey tube. I don’t have masses of comfrey(yet) so am wondering if it’s worth also adding maybe nettles, dandelion leaves or anything else to supplement it for now.

What do you think?

Kind Regards..........Rob

Not sure what you mean by a comfrey tube. Nettles etc would go well with it to make a 'ready made' liquid feed (Tea). Not sure about using them for the concentrate you can make as don't know if they would break down the same or just wither.
    I doubt it would be a problem if you added them. I'd probably top up with them so the comfrey is at the bottom so they don't absorb any of the comfrey juice.

Comment

Not sure what you mean by a comfrey tube. Nettles etc would go well with it to make a 'ready made' liquid feed (Tea). Not sure about using them for the concentrate you can make as don't know if they would break down the same or just wither.
      I doubt it would be a problem if you added them. I'd probably top up with them so the comfrey is at the bottom so they don't absorb any of the comfrey juice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Riga View Post
        Google comfrey tube Mark as there’s loads of pics. Check out cadalots website too. Alans Allotment: Comfrey Pipe

Comment

Here you go, I've done it for you!

https://www.gardeningdata.co.uk/powe...frey-press.php
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

There is no reason why you couldn't use nettles instead of Comfrey. Apparently nettles give a nitrogen high tea where Comfrey gives a Potassium high tea. I suppose you could even mix the two for a semi balanced fertiliser.
            My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
            to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Snadger View Post
              There is no reason why you couldn't use nettles instead of Comfrey. Apparently nettles give a nitrogen high tea where Comfrey gives a Potassium high tea. I suppose you could even mix the two for a semi balanced fertiliser.
              Yeah, I might have some in an area that I could harvest to be honest.

Thanks Snadger.

I might even try some dandelion leaves too but not sure how nutritious they are.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X