We’ve all experienced that disappointment
    Splutters tea over keyboard lol

Comment

Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
      haha indeed - very relateable
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

I will give it a try again this year, I still have a big one that we didn't use over Christmas, as my OH was not feeling well but I intend to use it shortly for if its not used it will just shrivel up
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

So true, rary. Old things do shrivel and shrink - just look at your Avatar.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
            Mine didn't grow to 3" long and it wasn't even perfectly formed.
            Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
            I haven't
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

I expect Mrs rary has though!!
              Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-01-2020, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                I expect Mrs rary has though!!
                I will have you know she has never been faced with disappointment

Comment

Just amusement!!!

Comment

Having read 2019 tromba exploits I have been spurred on to buy seeds, not really knowing anything about growing them. I've not yet planned how to give them a climbing frame but the hilarity of the posts made me realise I'm not the only daft person out there. So I expect I'm in on the 2020 session. First time entering a growing competition, treat me kindly!

Comment

Of course we'll treat you kindly - jayjaybee - as long as you don't get upset when we laugh at your trombones.
                      You're in at Number 11.

I think 2018 produced some classic specimens https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ion_95762.html
                      There's a Rogue's gallery at https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...8-a_98089.html
                      Last edited by veggiechicken; 15-01-2020, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Everyone else laughs at me, why should the grapes be any different, and that's just how I like it. I often tell the OH that the only time he talks to me is to take the mickey (note how polite I can be). Last years trombo posts had me rolling in the aisles.

Comment

haha we did have a good laugh lol The year before that was even more hilarious! It's a fun plant, and it's even more fun to see people's faces when you take some with you to work to share

Comment

Sounds like fun. Hopefully I’ll have more success than I did with last year’s courgettes
                            All at once I hear your voice
                            And time just slips away
                            Bonnie Raitt

Comment

Originally posted by muckdiva View Post
                              Sounds like fun. Hopefully I’ll have more success than I did with last year’s courgettes
                              Last year was awful for courgettes, squashes, pumpkins... the lot! I didn't have many successes at all!

Comment

4 tromboncino seeds are now sown.
                                I definitely want to grow 2 but if all 4 germinate I’ll probably find room for them somewhere.
                                Let the fun begin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X