This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do enjoy this thread, and seeing what everyone is sowing

I have only sown some peashoots that haven't done anything yet (despite a pre-soak) and some mixed microgreens that seem to have failed (apart from a few radish sprouts). My house is pretty cold though, so I'm hoping things are just taking their time to get going. I might try starting my next microgreen attempt in my propagator, though I'll have to whip them out pretty quick so they don't get too used to the warmth!

I'm trying to motivate myself to get something started today, but I worked long days over the weekend and am back in work tomorrow with all the housework still to do!

Comment

A seed query, though ornamental not edible.

I just sowed Geranium Maverick Star, an F1 I got from T&M for £1 a packet a month or two back (geranium seeds are usually expensive, couldn't resist a bargain).

Anyway, the seeds were a strange goldish colour, not brown like you'd expect. Are they dipped in something, anyone know?
      Mostly flowers, some fruit and veg, at the seaside in Edinburgh.

Comment

I have sown a winter lettuce mix (Can Can, Salad Bowl and Merveille de Quatre Saisons). I've sown them outside, but in a covered container (an Elho grow table). I've put them in what I think is the sunniest spot near the house, but they may be missing valuable morning sun so I might move them at the weekend. The seed is a couple of years old, but hopefully I will still get something sprouting at some point as long as they don't just rot/freeze from it still being too cold.

I've also brought some sowing trays and my seed sowing compost inside so that I can sow some more microgreens, maybe with a plastic cover this time to get them going.

Comment

Sowed some Dahlia seeds this afternoon.
          Also some more sweet peas.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

More chillies
            onza
            Trinidad scorpion butch T
            beaver dam

Comment

30/1- Tomato, red robin.

everything else sown to date has germinated (mostly! at about 75% success rate on chili and all the aubergines bar 1
              V.P.
              The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

2/2- Chili Cayenetta
                V.P.

Comment

Greenhouse finished and 2.4 x 0.6 staging erected and nicely warmed up. Now completely full up with sowings of chillies, peppers, aubergine, sweet peas, pumpkin, squash, tomatoes, peas, broad beans, onion seed, cauliflower, lettuce, leeks and plugs of parsnip, radish and carrots.

Comment

Sowed some tomato and cucumber rootstocks. Scion varieties will go into the same pots on Thursday (rootstock locations marked with a cocktail stick). These are only for fun/experience, so I won't be anormously upset if I end up with a low success rate.

Also put in some parseley and chive seeds to add some more varieties to the plants in the garden.
                    Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

So we lots of flower seeds this afternoon.
                      Zinnia Lilliput, Zinnia Whirlygig, Nigella Persisn Jewel, Nicotiana Sensation, Cosmos Millenium, Verbena BonRiensid, Gallardia, Echinecia, Lupins, Rudbeckia, Tagatex, Gazania, Gallardia Kobold, Callendula, Night scented stock.Dahlias mixed.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Just sowed some Hungarian Hot Wax chillies in cells in the propagator.

Comment

07/02
                          Cape Gooseberry- Golden Berry
                          Celery- red giant
                          Celeriac- asterix and monarch
                          Candula- daisy mixed
                          Tagetes- yellow gem, golden gem and orange
                          Cosmos- seashell mixed
                          V.P.

Comment

Sowed some more peashoots. My last lot were from pre-soaked marrowfat peas and have almost all turned to mush. I only have three or four that have germinated. I've sown today from a pack of Pennards seeds that I was given for Christmas (specifically for peashoots) and haven't pre-soaked. My house is cold, but they are in my sunniest window and I think it shouldn't be too cold for pea-shoots to germinate. Hoping for better success this time!

Comment

Broad bean- Sutton into a container in my cold frame.
                              V.P.

Comment

Finally got my tomatoes sowed yesterday

6 each of :

Maskotka
                                Blush
                                Black icicle
                                Golden sunrise
                                Gardeners delight (saved seeds from my mega truss plant)

Might get some flowers started this weekend. Going to need to get my greenhouse cleaned soon though. Just not had time so far this year
                                Last edited by Urban; 11-02-2020, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X