X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vegi potager View Post
    21 January [...]
    Aubergine: Jewel mixed (As Mr Q has started off his and got such good results last year)
    The awful responsibility...
    I live in a part of the UK with very mild winters. Please take this into account before thinking "if he is sowing those now...."

Comment

Sowed Cape Gooseberries.
      Sowed Jalapeno chillis.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

22nd Jan
        more aubergines: Hansel and Gretel; both patio types for container growing, deep purple and white respectively.
        V.P.
        The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

Sown more Havana gold & apple crisp chillies.

Comment

Parthenon Courgettes and Beth Alpha cucumbers.
            Last year I sowed these on 14th January so I've given myself a good telling off for being late this year.

Comment

Carrot Touchon and Swede Ruby both from Premier Seeds, 3x supermarket garlic to add to the Wilko Germidour I put in in November, Stuttgarter onions to follow on from the Wilko overwintering I already had in. 1st beetroot, leeks, spring BBs and cabbage are waking up, as are the early carrots I sowed in a box 3 weeks ago :-)

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                Last year I sowed these on 14th January so I've given myself a good telling off for being late this year.
                Are they under heat?

Comment

They're in a heated propagator until they germinate. Then they move to the bedroom windowsill until the weather warms up a bit. They'll stay in the GH for the rest of their days.

Comment

Today’s sowing Jamaican red mushroom.

Comment

Sown some fenugreek seeds in the sprouter.

Comment

broad beans into compost, and more peas chitting to test for life
                        Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                        and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          two days later there are signs of life!! Should be on the Happy thread.

Comment

More peas, Beetroot 2.0, Spring onion and 5x Mortgage Lifter toms for the windowsill :-)

Comment

I have some Beth Alpha cucumber as well VC, first time for us as my teens love baby cucumber. I may put a few in next week in hope of success. Any tips please
                              Anything is possible with the right attitude, a hammer
                              and a roll of duct tape.

Weeds have mastered the art of survival, if they are not in your way, let them feed bees

Comment

I always grow Beth Alpha . No tips really, just bung 'em in the prop, let them germinate, whisk them out, pot on as necessary, keep indoors and put in the GH with some canes when the weather warms up.

Last year ..........https://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gr...ml#post1645574
                                Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-01-2020, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X