ID:	2386810

Comment

• Woohoo! Well done....not jealous at all

Comment

• What is it?

Comment

• Originally posted by toomanytommytoes View Post
          What is it?
          ohnivec. Never grown it before so letting it do it’s own thing rather then picking flower buds off.
          I’ll be putting him in a bigger pot tomorrow.

Comment

• First day out for my babies. And first one planted into its final pot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	064484ED-D1F2-453E-9A4E-893778E8C0A9.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	341.2 KB
ID:	2386855

Name:	E553775F-1407-43BE-B1BA-610F645714F3.jpeg
Size:	271.9 KB
ID:	2386856

Comment

• Havana Gold is a strong grower hmm. It's the biggest of my non-annums along with Locoto Rocoto, Aji Pineapple and Aji Delight. Mine will probably get their first bit of sun tomorrow.
              Last edited by toomanytommytoes; 04-04-2020, 09:52 PM.

Comment

• Am quite pleased with my chillies so far. They are getting a fair bit of sun on the windowsill and growing well. The orange habaneros are the slowest. Much slower than the choc habaneros. Dont know if that's typical or because the choc ones are d
                fresher seeds? Pleased with the scotch bonnets and cayenne. Miles behind some of the ones you guys are growing but happy so far. Might even put them out in the gh for the day if the weather holds up. My gh is a right mess so need to tidy and clean it out this weekend.

Comment

• Well, I've taken a gamble. I'm still a month away from last frost date up here in the northeast, but the chilli jungle was becoming unmanageable indoors. So, 27 plants have been transplanted to their final homes in my greenhouse with a heater on to maintain an overnight temp at ground level of 10 degrees. Thermostat is pretty good so it has cost about 20p per night so far (that was when it went down to -1 outside the other night).

Although I do have several dozen replacement plants if any don't make it.

I'm trying a new setup this year in my greenhouse, growing in raised beds in open bottom pots with the top 2 inches of the pot above the soil and wrapped in copper tape to deter slugs. (I've also interspaced French Marigolds) My thinking behind the pots is that the roots are free to travel as deep as they want, and competition for water/nutrients between plants will be reduced. I just hope the thinking is correct haha!

If I'm honest, the spacing is looking a bit too crowded when considering how tall/bushy the plants can get. I'll see how it goes, but I'd imagine next year I will be planting less in there.

Anyway, the plants that have made the cut;

Name:	geodesic dome plan.png
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	2386999
                  Last edited by Pigmyhippo; 15-04-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

• Automated chilli grower

Hi all, I have had my chillis growing since December in my Automated chilli shed.
                    I am growing Carolina Reaper, Trinidad Butch T and Naga Scorpions.
                    This is my first attempt at automated growing but it seems to be going well.

Comment

• My 6 best plants that I am saving for myself are doing great in the back room with a south facing window a some grow lights, there are open flowers on the padron and all are twice the size of the spares I relegated to a blow-away in the GH 4 weeks ago as I needed the space. they are still in their 9cm pots awaiting a bit more root growth before moving to the 10lt pots I have ready and waiting. The others I hope to give away?!

Padron
                      Sivri Biber
                      Cayenne
                      Lemon drop
                      Fresno
                      Cayennetta

A short list of wimpy chillies, I have let the rest of you grow the super hots and read your comments and advice with interest. Although I do feel a fraud as the number I am growing are in the single digits!
                      V.P.
                      The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Chillis are odd plants. Every year there is one variety that just doesn't wanna play ball. This year its the white Bhut jolkia. I have about 50 plants. 48 of them have been fine but these 2 just wanted to die. Shrivelled up, gone yellow generally looking totally unhealthy. I gave up as I have so many and just neglected them both. About mid march I put them on my poly tunnel bench to get them out of the way. And today they've decided to make a go of it. New growth looking healthy. They will probably go on to produce my best crop! Can't believe they've survived as I don't recall watering them in the last few weeks and it's been about 1c at night this week.

Comment

• This year he’s called Oliver

Name:	D1BE2374-B767-4C1A-8F2F-3EF33B34B648.jpeg
Size:	638.2 KB
ID:	2387076

Comment

• What the ***? No idea what’s going on with this. Uploaded in exactly the same way as I have done since the year dot. It is just a photo of my Dorset naga if you click on the link.

Comment

• Same as happened with NG's post - Click on your photo and it closes your post.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                                Same as happened with NG's post - Click on your photo and it closes your post.
                                It was doing really odd things when I was writing the post. When advanced everything I’d already write disappeared. And other stuff but I was to busy swearing by then to pay attention to exactly what was going on ( or not )

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X