Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]89015[/ATTACH]

Here they are - a tangled mess in the GH. My fault as I didn't stake them or tie them into anything as I had more tomatoes on the shelf behind that I needed to access.

There has been no noticeable difference between the ones sown from Paulie's saved seeds (at the far end) and those scraped from a fresh tomato (closest the camera).
    I grew 3 plants of each.

The toms are delicious. Their only failing may be that they fall off the trusses when ripe. I'll definitely grow them again next year - and my Mum loves them.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89016[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]89017[/ATTACH]
    Hi veggiechicken, those tomatoes look very vibrant, do you know if that variety often sold in most supermarkets, I don't go to morrisons often(might make an exception for these though)

Comment

Jwood, they were on sale in Morrisons last week!! Look for "Angelle".

I'll be saving some for seed for next year. If you can't find any, and you stick around long enough to make 50 posts, I'll save some for you.

Comment

Thanks il have a look in morrisons next time I’m near one, and thanks for the offer

Comment

No luck finding any Angelle toms, I have seen Funtelle a few times when looking so eventually just bought them. It may be a regional thing?

Anyway they look similar, il try them and see what they turn out like.

...Just googled them out of curiosity, Funtelles are grown in Yorkshire so it must be regional.

...nevermind, no they're not lol.

anyway, in case anyone has any use for it, I just found a brochure online listing a few tomatoes that are commercially sold, it lists resistances, fruit size and descriptions ( search "presentation title syngenta tomato" - it should be the 1st link, it opens a pdf brochure)
          Last edited by Jwood0123; 04-10-2019, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X