When are you planting out your spuds?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, mine went in today.
    sharpe's express (which still make me think of the tv series)
    charlotte
    pink fir (saved this is gen 3, I'll replace next year)
    desiree

did similar to last year in that each bed is narrower than my standard size, and I'll dig the extra width when the spuds come out. I've also jiggled earth around to keep them a bit raised as the new beds are at the soggy end of the plot

Comment

Put mine today. Charlottes and some Rudolphs from last years crop. Hoping they are not too early.

Comment

Mine went in on the 19th covered in old hay that the cats promptly slept on!!
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
          Not bothering this year, no particular reason but only grow a few anyway
          Yeh, we're a bit like that.
          As a family, we don't really eat much spuds now.
          However, I found an unexpected bag of spuds back in October that I'd forgotten about (cut down the dead leaf growth in August - but never harvested them).
          So, there's a few spuds left (Charlotte) - deep deep green, but hey ho.
          No rush to plant them, maybe after Easter time.
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
            Not bothering this year, no particular reason but only grow a few anyway
            I'm not bothering either. Going to grow more courgettes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              I'm not bothering either. Going to grow more courgettes instead.
              Now you're talking. Never really appreciated them before until last year.
              Probably just as versatile as spuds when it comes to cooking them. Love them.
              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                Yeh, we're a bit like that.
                As a family, we don't really eat much spuds now.
                My wife doesn't eat potatoes...

If all mine grow well I'm going to be having them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea for the year...

mmm...potatoes...mmmm

Comment

I planted all my potatoes yesterday. I got impatient lol I covered with fleece just in case of a cold snap (I DID dream of getting half a meter of snow the other night!!)
                  https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

Planted out my potatoes today.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Rocket went in greenhouse mid Feb, and they are flying ( no pun intended )

Pentland, wilja, charlotte, and 2 I forgot the name of all went in the raised beds today.

Comment

I planted out three bags yesterday,more going out soon,I want to get maincrop in next they take longest.

Comment

Anyas went in bags in the greenhouse on sunday, need to get some more compost to earth up.

The rest will be done when I get the time, probably next week now.

Comment

So we planted out all the earlier (vitabella and bonnie). Kinsman maincrop will be later.

And exciting news. The leftover spuds we overwintered have started showing! Will have to see how they fare and if they're edible but main thing they didn't die!

Comment

Planted out 1st and 2nd earlies - Arran Pilot, Pentland Javelin and Kestrel.
                              Maincrop - Desiree and King Teds going in next couple of days.

Comment

Planted a few Charlottes in flower buckets in the conservatory a month ago, hoping for an early crop. Those are just showing now.

The Maris Pipers went into the garden at the weekend, along with more Charlottes in flower buckets outside.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X