Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted up all the chillis from the propagator into big pots, that should hold them for a while.

Comment

• Planted 5 fruit trees (2 x Williams Pears; 2 Plums and an Apricot).
      Only 7 to go and a load of fruit bushes
      and some Nerines
      and we won't mention 800 Gladioli.

Comment

• Weeded and pruned my 30ft row of blackcurrants. I have toyed with the idea of taking every other plant out to give them more room but it's a bit more work that I can do without to be honest.

Pretty chuffed with my effort today.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DAD2B7E9-D514-4DC3-83EA-079067A5D790.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	2382408

Comment

• Made my new compost bays

Wasn’t easy and took two days. Only two bays but sourcing pallets wasn’t as easy as I thought as most aren’t heat treated etc. Had to dig into a bank to fit them so spent Friday doing the digging and levelling and then went on a pallet hunt around the local industrial estates so this morning I was back down there and started with wire meshing on the floor and wrapped the back pallets with black plastic sheeting to protect them from weeds and rot did the same on the side one’s but only half the height (hoping to allow some air flow) next up is the front: doors for them. Really enjoyed it with the current weather

Comment

• Today I finished my essay for Open University, so tomorrow is all my own to do with what I like! So I'm going to do my best to get up really early to go to a car boot and see if I can get some more garden tools
            Then I'm going to shovel some more horse manure. I have a new plot that needs covering!
            https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Went to a seedswap and gave more seeds in than I brought home. Felt better for that.

Met up with my permaculture teacher from many years ago who greeted me with "I don't want any more books" as I always offload my books on her. We then had a very erudite conversation about the mess that the elephants were making in her garden, rampaging everywhere and having lots of babies. I did wonder whether anyone listening in might have thought we were nuts.

At home, I potted up 12 various mints (that's herbs, not polos) that had been delivered and wandered around the garden wondering where I could plant some more fruit trees.
              Maybe tomorrow, I'll think of somewhere.

Comment

• Brought 5 bags of Sylvagrow Organic Compost for growing into (As trying to be as Vegan as possible and this has no animal fertiliser in it.)

Also brought a few packets of Flower and Vegetable Seeds since it was 10 for £10 on Thompson and Morgan again. Getting ready to create a bee border, when I get time. Some more seeds still to buy.

Also had a think about whether to buy the fruit trees I have been eyeing up for a couple of weeks.
                Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

• Carrots in containers, greenhouse is rammed.

Comment

• Go and get those fruit tree’s! ��

Comment

• Cut the front lawns for the first time.
                      How did I get soooo unfit?
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sorted the shed out...........never doing it again as their are bugs living in there that have yet to be identified by normal humans.
                        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Spent a couple of hours this morning lifting/moving a short path (5paving slabs), gave the soft fruit it’s winter prune, and started mulching the soft fruit bed.
                          Used up all my cardboard stocks, so will have to find some more down the next week or two ;-)

Comment

• Today I weeded my veg trug.

Sowed Tomatoes, Marmande and Matina

Sowed California Wonder Peppers

Sowed Broad Beans

Now my back is aching

Comment

• Today I went to a car boot early, and picked up a fork for £2. Old is definitely better!

Then, on the way home, I went to shovel more horse manure, and then on to the farm shop to pick up some fruit and veg, and some cardboard for the new plot!
                              Here's what the new plot looks like:

Name:	20190224_newplotbefore1.jpg
Size:	306.2 KB
ID:	2382423

Name:	20190224_newplotbefore2.jpg
Size:	337.8 KB
ID:	2382424

I measured the plot's width, and laid the new bed up against the border:

Name:	20190224_newplotbed1_1.jpg
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	2382425Click image for larger version

Name:	20190224_newplotbed1_1.jpg
Size:	320.9 KB
ID:	2382425

Then I came home to my peashoots pushing the compost out of the tray, and my lima bean triffids (only two weeks max since they germinated)

Name:	20190224_peashoots.jpg
Size:	219.6 KB
ID:	2382426

Name:	20190224_limasami.jpg
Size:	240.7 KB
ID:	2382427
                              https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Attended a free Winter pruning workshop run by George Anderson (Beechgrove Garden) - very interesting and hopefully will stop me butchering my fruit trees and bushes in future!
                                He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X