Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that's a chocolate hab...( just labelled the photos) in its second year. Did you give me that last year maybe? Not sure now. I would have to look it up!

Comment

• Actually I couldn't edit it!!
      White hab - spy some lemon drops in the corner...I've isolated 2 pods on that one.

Choc hab - I've tried bagging but my flowers drop off.

Pink hab - really prolific and a beautiful plant

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Yes, that's a chocolate hab...( just labelled the photos) in its second year. Did you give me that last year maybe? Not sure now. I would have to look it up!
        Not me. I’ve not grown one for the last 2 years. Really must get seeds for next year, I do love the chocolate habs.

Comment

• I had seeds this year, fresh. They took ages to germinated, just 2 came through and They were such spindly plants I decided to bin them. I've never done that before.

Comment

• Aaaaagh 8.5c in the tunnel overnight, please send some cloud Atlantic

Comment

• What varieties are you growing Stigs?

Comment

• Some of days today’s harvest

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F7E43F1-F876-474D-9860-AEF73E666F22.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	2385199

Comment

What varieties are you growing Stigs?
                  more like what am I failing to grow this year, because of my tunnel being ripped apart by the wind
                  I only sowed what I thought I'd gate away with on window sills ( SHMBO ) I managed to hold out
                  until June then I was banished to the tunnel, we had a frost in June so I'm left with

a mystery pepper that resembles a Thai Dragon the only one that I'd call really healthy,
                  a mystery pepper that had 1 orange fruit that I picked too soon,
                  2 other mystery peppers just flowering now,
                  a 12in tall Serrano, a 12in tall Cheyenne,
                  one extremely slow Komodo Dragon ( at least the seed was from a tesco Komodo Dragon.)
                  and 3 Orozco ( well thats what the packet said, swapped on Chileman.org ) but the fruits on the one that fruited looked like 1/3 size upright Habaneros
                  a couple of stunted P. Peppers and a stunted C. Reaper
                  Roll on next year

I am already germinating next years as I am building a winter grow room to make sure I don't have another failed year.

Batch 1
                  mystery 1 germinated
                  Alma Paprika
                  Aji Paprika
                  Thai Fat Green
                  Chenzo 3 germinated
                  Oscar 1 germinated
                  Aji Amarillo
                  Aji Pacay 1 germinated
                  Sweet Boneta
                  Lemon Drop 1 germinated
                  Black Hungarian
                  Aji Crystal 3 germinated
                  Mayan Black
                  Bulgarian Carrot
                  Red Ecuador
                  Hot Banana
                  Filius Blue
                  Champion
                  Fish
                  Pimento De Padron
                  Ancho Grande

I'll make up batch 2 When I have potted on most of batch 1

btw. does anyone know what has happened to TheChilman.org website

Comment

• Originally posted by stigs View Post

btw. does anyone know what has happened to TheChilman.org website
                    Looks like he’s no longer in business. Must admit I hadn’t noticed until you mentioned it, but his site hasn’t popped up for ages when I’ve been researching chilli stuff.

Nice list by the way.

Comment

• That website is fine??....

Won't start this early encourage soft growth at the wrong time, which could encourage aphids?

Comment

• Oh, maybe the website is cached on my computer....may need a refresh

Comment

• I’ve been doing some working out of next years grow list. I’m dropping 18 varieties from this year!
                          Which is very exciting because now I need to find 18 replacements

Comment

• I'm going the other way I'm cutting down even more. My boys are rarely here, the OH doesn't eat chillies and I've still got copious amounts of chilli produce around the house!
                            I think I'm going to keep the choc hab, a peach and the Dorset naga for overwintering and I'll only do one or two new varieties...maybe a variegated plant.
                            I want to grow a few more flowers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                              Nice list by the way.
                              I like variety, 2 of them are to give my Chilly sauce flavour and aroma ( Champion and Mayan Black )
                              the heat will came from whatever i have left at the end of the season.

Comment

Oh, maybe the website is cached on my computer....may need a refresh
                                The website seems fine at first glance but the seedswap/growlist parts are gone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X